Trashing Pref Files/Auto-Beat Detect keeps running

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
dmshep
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Trashing Pref Files/Auto-Beat Detect keeps running

Post by dmshep »

I've had problems lately with DP crashing after only being open a few minutes. I always double-check that Auto-Detect Beats is turned off as this has caused the problem in the past, and somehow it gets turned back on with certain files, even when I've manually turned it off.

Yesterday I was trying open a particular file and experiencing the problem. I checked and Auto-detect was off. None of the files had the little blue lines. After a few attempts, I got it running, but noticed that all the soundbites had been beat analyzed, even though auto-analyze was turned off.

I'd like to try trashing the preferences and see if that helps. Does anyone know which set is the correct one to remove? There's one in the Library folder, and then several in a specific DP folder...
Phil O
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Trashing Pref Files/Auto-Beat Detect keeps running

Post by Phil O »

I've had the same problem. I was hoping the 4.6 update would fix it, but no luck. I contacted MOTU tech support and the guy there insisted I must have the preferences set wrong, but I've checked and re-checked. Just can't seem to turn off beat detection.
DP 11.32, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.5/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
dmshep
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Trashing Pref Files/Auto-Beat Detect keeps running

Post by dmshep »

Thank goodness. I thought I was going crazy. I'll go and look, and yes, all of the options to turn off Beat Detection are checked, but Beat Detection continues - soundbites that were not analyzed suddenly sport little blue lines.

This seems to occur in particular when I use the Load function to import a mixer/track set-up. Everytime I open a file now I go turn the option on and hit apply, then go and turn it off again. This seems to stop it from running. Annoying though.