Traveler no signal coming from stereo output.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
armann
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by armann »

Hello, when I started up my traveler today I don't get
any sound from my speakers, everything is the same.

I can see on the Traveler that OUT 1-2 lights are one, I
can hear music through my headphones, Default
Stereo output and Phones are on Analog 1-2, speakers
are plugged in there, any ideas ?

If I take the leads out of analog 1-2 I can hear my speakers buzz.
I plug my headphone into analog 1-2 and I can't hear anything.
I hear audio when I plug a speaker into the headphone input.

ANY suggestion is welcome, within reason...:wink:
gregwhartley

Post by gregwhartley »

Have you tried reassigning the output busses to different outputs, like 3-4, and trying your speakers from there? Any output?

Greg
"We are all disgusting, doomed to our dirty little tasks. Eating and farting and scratching and smiling and celebrating holidays." -Bukowski
armann

Post by armann »

Thanks for the reply Greg...

Well it's weird, I turned everything off for a few hours and
it worked the next time I booted up... :?

As long as it works I'm happy but it's weird that this could happen.

Thanks again.
jduber
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by jduber »

I just returned a brand-new Traveler with a similar problem. Here's an excerpt from my problem report:

After a couple of weeks, I suddenly started having trouble getting audio out from the Traveler via the main outs to my monitors. All the Traveler's LED lights respond correctly (showing input going in and output going out the expected channels). Toggling between the different Sample Rates available in the MOTU Audio Setup panel eventually fixes the problem. However, as the days passed, the amount of toggling before the problem fixed itself has become noticeably longer. The last few days, I've spent over 30 minutes rebooting and toggling until I can get any signal out of the outputs.

MOTU asked me to ship the unit back (at my own expense). They checked the unit, acknowledged there was a problem and sent me a new replacement unit.

What bugs me is that I'm out $25 for shipping costs. I asked to be reimbursed (or credited for MOTU gear) but it seems they are choosing to ignore that request.

Ah well...

Jim
mjf966

Post by mjf966 »

Hello Guys, I'm having a bigger issue with outputs.. no LEDs on and no sound at all:

I've recently purchased a brand new MOTU Traveler, I've done all the connection right, but, even if I can see input signals on its analog LED meters, output LEDs are definitely off and no audio is audible in all the outputs (with or without firewire connection). There's no mute, levels are up and I've tried with all the output configs.

And I've forgot to mention that even trying with computer connection (iMac Intel Core Duo) with CueMix Console I can't select any output: I can read "output disabled" on its selecting button, and even if I choose any other output from its pop-up menu, it returns always on "output disabled"!

I've already tryied to disinstall and reinstall all the software...

What else can I do?
Thanks for any help!