Mach V Version 2

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
russhughes
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Mach V Version 2

Post by russhughes »

Hey guys after months of waiting I've just got my hands on version 2 of Mach V and I have to say it's better than I hoped it would be. Great features and an incredible sound library - worth the wait. If you've not been able to get your hands on it that's because it's been renamed Kontakt II and is now distributed by NI - but I'm happy. Waiting is over fro me, sorry Moto couldn't wait any longer for you to take me over the rainbow...
==================
iMac G5 1.8, 1.5g ram
250g Maxtor Firewire external
Protools 7.0LE, Mach V, Stylus, Atmosphere etc.
Digi 002
==================
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by monkey man »

Dang. You had me going there for a few seconds. :shock:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
catfishmusic

Post by catfishmusic »

Russ,

I'm right with you on that. This Mach 5 delay is pretty ridiculous. I've held out forever, but it's time to get back to work. I'm a super loyal MOTU guy, but in the next day or so I'm going to jump ship. I realize the beta version just was reviewed, but there's no telling how much longer we have to wait.

My favorite thing about M5 was the ability to create custom drum kits via drag and drop. I could make killer kits assigned to any keys I wanted in a matter of a few minutes. How is Kontakt 2 when it comes to drag and drop? Can you drag audio right from DP onto a key in Kontakt? Or does anyone use Battery 3 in this way?
Mac Pro 2.93G 12 core, 28G RAM, 10.9, DP 8, Apogee Symphony i o, Apogee Symphony 64 PCIe, Motu MTP AV, MachFive 3.2 and other fun stuff
ediedjee
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

have both

Post by ediedjee »

to be honest i have both use battery its alil to simplistic ui but the groupin & voice switchin w/ vel layering is much to complucated contact just doent have enough fluencey but i kno people that love it but honestly the best part of battery is the drum articulation rolls tom flam triger repeat but its not so liquid either thats why i bought machfive in the first place if u want the most complrehensive of the three mach kontact & battery get structure by digidesign i seems to have the ease of an rtas plug-in w/ the legacy controls as well as wave editing functions keymayping etc. its gonna be the new machfive untill the new release of it
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Russ, I'm sorry that you're unhappy... and obviously your frustration is very clear. However, I'm calling this a gripe and moving it because it's a pretty clever way to vent... but it's just venting all the same, and although I don't work for MOTU, it's also a nice little ad for Kontakt and I'd rather not do that in the MachFive forum if it's all the same to you. Yes, Kontakt is an option, but the way you composed this message leaves me uncomfortable. I know MachFive v. 2 should be released pretty soon because it has been indeed reviewed by a reliable source in a pre-release version.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 RC1, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
monkey man

Re: Mach V Version 2

Post by monkey man »

russhughes wrote:...Waiting is over fro me, sorry Moto couldn't wait any longer for you to take me over the rainbow...
What I don't understand is why some folks have waited years, then, just as they see the train coming on the horizon, they throw in the towell.
In my universe, actually seeing it on the horizon constitutes powerful evidence that:

A) It exists
B) Its arrival is imminent
C) It's time to party.

Have I missed anything? :D

jgest

Re: Mach V Version 2

Post by jgest »

monkey man wrote:
russhughes wrote:...Waiting is over fro me, sorry Moto couldn't wait any longer for you to take me over the rainbow...
What I don't understand is why some folks have waited years, then, just as they see the train coming on the horizon, they throw in the towell.
In my universe, actually seeing it on the horizon constitutes powerful evidence that:

A) It exists
B) Its arrival is imminent
C) It's time to party.

Have I missed anything? :D
What you never threw away the baby with the bath water? :lol:
Macbook pro, 3 gigs of ram, osx 10.62, Dp 5.13, Live 8.1.2, Reason 4, Tc powercore Virus, Albino 3.02, proper ergonomic sitting posture, plenty of coffee (french press only with a pinch of cardamon added)
My dp inspired music.....
http://www.myspace.com/aislingbeing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/wigginsmaroo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=10004" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

The Joshster wrote:What you never threw away the baby with the bath water?
Giving up surely isn't part of my nature, Josh.

I just don't have it in me! :lol:

jgest

Post by jgest »

monkey man wrote:
The Joshster wrote:What you never threw away the baby with the bath water?
Giving up surely isn't part of my nature, Josh.

I just don't have it in me! :lol:
I feel you, thats why I am letting my self stand on a sinking ship with my powercore, I just can't give it up......

But I feel you, I may take a beating sometimes. I'll lay there and pretend to be dead for a while until I drag my self up and dust off and live to fight (or create) another day.
Macbook pro, 3 gigs of ram, osx 10.62, Dp 5.13, Live 8.1.2, Reason 4, Tc powercore Virus, Albino 3.02, proper ergonomic sitting posture, plenty of coffee (french press only with a pinch of cardamon added)
My dp inspired music.....
http://www.myspace.com/aislingbeing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/wigginsmaroo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=10004" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;