DP4.12 and Yamaha S90

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Michael Sexton
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP4.12 and Yamaha S90

Post by Michael Sexton »

S90 randomly quits generating sound during playback of DP sequence.
I've searched and searched for an errant controller message within the sequence which might be tellin' the S90 "stop" to no avail. This is a new development.
What prompted me to post, however, is the strange behavior of...voodoo? The S90 did a random quit when playing the sequence, but responded nicely when scrubbing the track both backwards and forwards. Any ideas?
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

If you're using the S90 via MIDI, try USB. If you're using USB, try MIDI. Results? What's your setup (hard and software) Also, get DP 5.11 if you can. It rocks and MIDI is solid.
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 14.5 • DP 11.32
Michael Sexton

Thanks

Post by Michael Sexton »

USB to PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0 w/3gig, DP 4.12. I'm hesitant to upgrade from 4.12....every time I upgrade any software rhinoceros beetles start killing trees in Malaysia, and the other installed software doesn't want to play. With tape, it used to be the "ghost in the machine"- at least there was a mechanical explanation for that. Now it's the 800-pound computer gorilla, who takes bits of this and bytes of that on a totally random basis.

Thanks again. Had a power surge/outage during a storm today. Seems to have fixed it for now.