Show your DP in action (Studio Screenshots)...

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
BradLyons
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by BradLyons »

Might as well post mine, although I don't use Digital Performer:

Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Shooshie »

Brad, you ol' gearslut, you! You've gotta start tossing some of those big discounts my way if I'm ever going to catch up with you. You know, the "cool guy" discounts. ;) I'll even forgive you for using those "other" DAWs and those cheap little Windows boxes.

Looks really nice, man. I'm sure it sounds great, too. It's good to see how the other side of the fence lives; we do get a little cloistered around here. Of course, it's for good reason. :D

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
kelldammit

Post by kelldammit »

hey! that's MY studio! i'd wondered where i'd left it...please return it ASAP.
the only thing is that some wiseguy pasted over the dp screenshots with "brand x" ones...
: D

sweet rig!
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
ASUS 2.5ghz i7 laptop, 32Gb RAM, win10 x64, RME Babyface, Akai MPK-61, Some Plugins, Guitars and Stuff, Lava Lamps.
BradLyons

Post by BradLyons »

The "other" side, huh? :-) Well it does sound good in there and I'm finally to the point where I can track and mix (had some health issues that set me back a ways). I'm actually getting ready to buy (3) ADAM P11A's to fill a 5.1 surround system with the existing P33A's so that is what I'm really looking forward to hearing!! I must say, however, one of my new favorites is that ADL600 preamp from Presonus, man that thing sounds awesome!! Here's a close-up of the rack, while I'm at it:

Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

Hey Brad are you using any subs right now?
I love those ADAMS man!!!

Tell Jeff Greene that I need a complimentary pair :wink:
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
BradLyons

Post by BradLyons »

Kwiz,

Originally I wasn't using a sub, but I really needed one due to some standing waves based on a few factors. When I put the big Argosy desk in there things changed. I didn't mind adding a sub as I was going to require one anyway when moving to surround. I've spent all night wiring up the drum room as I bought a nice drum rack, it looks sweeeeet and more comfortable to play now (I had CHEAP hardware----I'm NOT a drummer, but it was time to upgrade that for drummers that come in to play). I'll take some pictures tomorrow of how it looks now.

Back to the moniitors, the ADAM's are absolutely AMAZING and the sub is even better. Currently I'm using a Tannoy, but I am going to upgrade to the 12" ADAM later and move this sub to the home theatre in my great room. I've become a surround fan and have surround in my great room, my master bedroom, and soon the studio. With that said, I have found there are a few short-comings in some current surround monitor controllers on the market. I don't like the monitor bus of my Control24, I would buy an outboard monitor controller but the ones that work great for surround aren't exactly wonderful for stereo UNLESS you spend a great deal of money. I started talking with a manufacturer to help them design a killer product that won't be terribly expensive. Of course at this point, I can't reveal any info about that as it's nothing official and when it is.... well, we just have to wait :-)

HEY WE'LL SEND EVERYONE A FREE PAIR OF ADAM'S!!! Of course I can only say this because it's nearly April 1st! ;-)
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

Brad,

Besides the price difference, what made you go with the P33A's vs the S3A's? A friend of mine has a pair of S3A's and they sound incredible and will probably be in my arsenal next time I upgrade my monitors.
Right now I'm using the original Genelec S30's with a 1094A sub and have been getting good results.
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
BradLyons

Post by BradLyons »

Kwiz,

Price wasn't really the factor, well it was part of it I won't lie...but if I really wanted them, I would have found a way. But the fact is the S3A's really want a LARGE space as they have (3) 200-watt amps in them. The P33A's are a smaller version of this based on the P-series design. Yes, the S3A's are better but for my room they would have been too big and just drastic overkill. They really are amazing monitors and if you are upgrading, either the S3A's or P33A's are going to make you very happy.
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
chamelion

Post by chamelion »

Sorry to show you guys up, but you gotta get over here to Sydney Australia to see how it's done.

Studio A

Eat 'cha hearts out!!

Geoff
"Don't worry,
be hoppy!"
BradLyons

Post by BradLyons »

Ahhhhh is that my friend LESLIE, I see? 8)
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
chamelion

Post by chamelion »

BradLyons wrote:Ahhhhh is that my friend LESLIE, I see? 8)
That, my friend, is an original kerosine powered mastering recorder, still unrivaled in the annals of studio technology.

G
"Don't worry,
be hoppy!"
BradLyons

Post by BradLyons »

The wood cabinet is a recorder?
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

chamelion wrote:Sorry to show you guys up, but you gotta get over here to Sydney Australia to see how it's done.

Studio A

Eat 'cha hearts out!!

Geoff
That "Digital" sign takes the cake. Kind of serves as a reminder, eh? ;)

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
chamelion

Post by chamelion »

Shooshie wrote:That "Digital" sign takes the cake. Kind of serves as a reminder, eh? ;)
Shooshie
The 'digital' sign actually serves as a reminder to all studio personnel that all buttons, levers, and valves, are to be pressed by a finger, as opposed to the hard edge of the hand (as in a karate chop), or worse, a blunt instrument. The correct technique is as illustrated below
"Don't worry,
be hoppy!"
thracks

Post by thracks »

BradLyons wrote:Might as well post mine, although I don't use Digital Performer:
My favorite: the Mach 5 mouse pad :wink: I wish all of us regular folk had some of that cool MOTU swag.
Steve

2020 Mac Mini | Ventura | 828x |