country loops

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
fender3
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

country loops

Post by fender3 »

I am looking for a site that sells loops for country music...I need all instruments: guitar, dobro, steele guitar, bass, piano, drums, fiddle, and mandolin. Can anyone help? It seems like all I can find is rock or rap loops. Has country music really died. :cry:
I have a Mac G5 dual hard drive. I am on Tiger. I am currently using a Kurzweil PC3X Synth to a motu828mkII. I am using the Dp 6 with the machfive2 sampler, waves gold bundle, and altiverb reverb unit. Studio Monitors are Mackie 824s. Rode NTK condenser mic.
chrispick

Post by chrispick »

Country music's hardly dead. It's just not a genre that's embraced loop technology. At least not yet (although current trends lean it closer and closer to pop IMO).

Anyway, check out bigfishaudio.com. In their loops section, there's a sub-section of country-oriented loops and instrument sounds, some more fitting than others.
fender3

Post by fender3 »

been there...done that....but thanks for the help
I have a Mac G5 dual hard drive. I am on Tiger. I am currently using a Kurzweil PC3X Synth to a motu828mkII. I am using the Dp 6 with the machfive2 sampler, waves gold bundle, and altiverb reverb unit. Studio Monitors are Mackie 824s. Rode NTK condenser mic.
m2
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by m2 »

I am looking for a site that sells loops for country music...I need all instruments: guitar, dobro, steele guitar, bass, piano, drums, fiddle, and mandolin. Can anyone help? It seems like all I can find is rock or rap loops. Has country music really died.
Just an observation:
I don't think country has died but loops may not be much the way that that music comes together. To the country folks credit they're a crowd that tends to shun synth/MIDI stuff in lieu of sitting around with other live musicians and playing. Often cuts one would use loops to compose rock and hip-hop ideas is done with a writer and the ubiqutious solo acuostic guitar. Country labels will still take a demo that is just a singer-songwriter alone. One mic, one player kind of thing. Perhaps that's why there is not much demand for loops in that genre.

Good luck with your writing!
Dual 2G-G5/2G ram/Digidesign HD2 Accel/Sony DMX R-100/MeyerHD-1&NS-10s - Hafler Ars Nova/DP5.12/PT7.3.1/2.0+TByte/GigaS3
fender3

Personal use

Post by fender3 »

M2, I appreciate the post, but I actually wanted the loops for personal use. I live outside of Nashville and already know that most producers only want vocals and maybe a guitar on a demo. If you do the whole production, it takes away from their ideas and they are also afraid the songs may have already been produced or stolen.
mesasand
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Personal use

Post by mesasand »

fender3 wrote: I live outside of Nashville and already know that most producers only want vocals and maybe a guitar on a demo. If you do the whole production, it takes away from their ideas and they are also afraid the songs may have already been produced or stolen.
Actually, I'm hearing the opposite is true. A friend of mine, who was a fairly prominent writer in Nashville, told me the A&R process has dumbed down to the point that they want finished productions for demos - that's because they'll usually copy the arrangement down to the last note for the record!

True story: He knew a band that submitted a song to a label, which got picked up. When the record released, the demo and finished record were nearly indistinguishable from each other, except for the lead vocal.

Nashville is out of the creativity business. IMHO, your demo better sound exactly like the record, or they won't hear its potential!
Paul Bordenkircher
Mesa Sand Productions
Music Services for Independent Artists
www.mesasand.com
paul@mesasand.com

Dual 2GHz G5 / 1.5GB / 80GB/150GB HD, DP5.1, Motu 828 Mk II, 828, M-Audio Octane, dbx 266XL, Behringer MIC2200, Tannoy Reveal Actives, SonikSynth 2, SampleTank2
johnnytucats

Post by johnnytucats »

Nashville is out of the creativity business?

Copping demos on records goes WAY back. This is not new. The demos are produced in Nashville...I would just about bet on 98% of the time. Heck, Craig Wiseman alone accounts for 68% of them. :D