828 MK2 standalone mode and ADAT

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
pyrosonic
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

828 MK2 standalone mode and ADAT

Post by pyrosonic »

I recently learned that I could put my old 828 MK2 in standalone mode and use an ADAT lightpipe cable to send an extra 8 channels to my Presonus 1810c. After a bit of fussing around, I got it to work, the only problem is that the 828 MK2 doesn't retain the setup when I shut it off. I have to connect to a computer to reload the preset from the Cuemix app every time.
I thought the problem might be the battery, but after doing a little research, there seems to be a question as to whether these units even had a battery? Does anybody have any insight into this matter? Does the 828MK2 have a battery to back up the presets? If not what might be the issue? The MOTU tech tip seemed to indicate that simply waiting a minute for the setup to save before disconnecting the firewire cable was all you needed to do. Thoughts?
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 828 MK2 standalone mode and ADAT

Post by mikehalloran »

No battery. It's supposed to remember your setups.

I would shut down the 828mkII first before ending your session in case your computer is sending a message that changes your settings.

The last one of these was made late 2006 ane the rest are older. It's possible that component is no longer functioning.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro