Audio dropout using my ampsim's standalone program

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Syphon
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Audio dropout using my ampsim's standalone program

Post by Syphon »

Hi everyone,

I'm on windows 10 64-bit, laptop asus ux303, using Motu M2. Playing guitar direct into the motu. Studio monitors into the motu. \I have a few ampsims, neuraldsp and mercuriall ampbox. I've noticed when I use mercuriall ampbox after I've used one of my other ampsims, the audio doesn't work for mercuriall. To troubleshoot I had to restart mercuriall ampbox sometimes a few times to get audio?

Sample rate and buffer settings are identical to the other programs.
ANd when I setup the motu I installed the most recent universal firmware installer.

Any ideas why this happens? never happened with my personus 24c.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Audio dropout using my ampsim's standalone program

Post by mikehalloran »

You appear to have a driver conflict. Unfortunately, this is not uncommon in Windows.

First, make certain that all of your drivers are up to date, not just the M2.
MOTU M-Series Installer
PC v92462 | Jan. 10, 2023
Windows 11, Windows 10 64-bit
I would then contact MOTU and submit a Techlink to see if they have any suggestions.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro