2408Mk3 -> Win 11 compatibility

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
HollowStudio
Primary DAW OS: Windows

2408Mk3 -> Win 11 compatibility

Post by HollowStudio »

I scanned the forum and struggled to find a "rock solid" answer for what I was looking for so forgive me if it was berried deep in a topic that I skipped over. I have a 2408mk3 that I used some years ago to connect a Mackie d8b to a WinXP 64bit computer (ADAT connections). I have the PCIX-424 version of the card. Can anyone on the forum let me know if they have used this setup on a modern gaming type Win 11 computer? I am curious about the drivers as plan to use an old version of Sonar 4 with this as did in past. Thanks for the help ... Jerry
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 2408Mk3 -> Win 11 compatibility

Post by mikehalloran »

If you want a modern PC with PCIx slots, you will need to make it yourself, most likely. OTOH, 424e cards show up on eBay frequently. PCIe slots are readily available in custom builds.

That’s only half the battle. Windows drivers are a clown car once you get gaming involved. Finding the right combination that allows everything to work is a) easy b) challenge c) nightmare. You might decide to keep that old XP box going as your music computer.

Good luck!

On the bright side, there is no Mac made since 2012 that can use this hardware at all.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro