Where are AVB Routing Matrix prefs stored?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Where are AVB Routing Matrix prefs stored?

Post by James Steele »

I’ve been having some weirdness with my routing disappearing… I’m thinking to get rid of whatever corruption I have going on, I may need to delete those prefs and rebuild my matrix. Can anybody tell me where those files reside on the Mac hard drive?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Where are AVB Routing Matrix prefs stored?

Post by James Steele »

Just a follow up if it helps anyone. I have an 828es connected via TB and an 24Ai which is daisychained off the 828 via Ethernet/AVB. The bundles that were getting messed up were inputs on on the 24Ai. The more I think about it, what probably screwed it up is that sometimes if I lost connection to the interface, of if I wanted to reboot I would power down the 828es while the 24Ai was on. (This is because Apple Silicon Macs don't always seem to power down reliably when the 828es is connected via TB and powered up.)

So I think what I have to do is be careful to power up my 24Ai first. Then power up the 828es and wait till it fully powers up and then watch for the 24Ai to lock up with it (when the "48k AVB" on the screen stops blinking) and THEN boot up my Mac Studio. Apparently those settings for bundles get stored IN the memory of the interface and don't reside on the computer. I guess that's sort of how Clockworks stores the setups in the MIDI interface itself.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

James, we have several 828ES. The settings for all things matrix etc, are stored in the local physical unit. (And accessed via browser). We can however export all our device presets or routing presets or mixer presets onto mac easily though using the export command. We keep all ours in regular old user account documents folder. By having them exported, lets us re-initialize the rack units when need be and just reload the presets via import from mac thru the browser connection. Hope that is what you are looking for. I can be delusional lately. :lol:
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Hey thanks so much... yeah... I knew about Export and I'm going to keep a back up. You're right about storing settings on hardware. I think the cause of my problem was haphazardly power cycling audio interfaces while DP was running and that kind confused it. The bundles that seemed to get messed up were the ones for inputs on my 24Ai which is connected to the 828es via Ethernet/AVB. Somehow I think that connection got broken.