M1 Macbook Pro & Ultralite Ultralite Mk3 or 828 Mk2 non show up in Ventura 13.6 Help PLease

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
junkmanukuk
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

M1 Macbook Pro & Ultralite Ultralite Mk3 or 828 Mk2 non show up in Ventura 13.6 Help PLease

Post by junkmanukuk »

Hi

Ive been trying to get the above to show up in Ventura 13.6 for the last couple of days without success

I have the the correct adapters but none of the interfaces will show up ive managed to get them to show up on a Macbook Pro 2013 with Big Sur installed through the Thunderbolt Adapter but not in Ventura

When i have installed the drivers ive never had anything show up in the Security & Privacy preferences maybe thats my problem

Any help would be great

Many Thanks
mikehalloran

Re: M1 Macbook Pro & Ultralite Ultralite Mk3 or 828 Mk2 non show up in Ventura 13.6 Help PLease

Post by mikehalloran »

Start here

https://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/ ... igh-sierra

This has to be done within 3o minutes. If you miss the window, reinstall and try again.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
junkmanukuk

Re: M1 Macbook Pro & Ultralite Ultralite Mk3 or 828 Mk2 non show up in Ventura 13.6 Help PLease

Post by junkmanukuk »

Hi

Thanks for the reply does anyone know how to completely remove motu drivers etc to do a clean install as I think that might be the cause of my issues

Thanks
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

junkmanukuk wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 am Hi]

Thanks for the reply does anyone know how to completely remove motu drivers etc to do a clean install as I think that might be the cause of my issues

Thanks
Yes. The MOTU Audio drivers must be removed completely before the MIDI drivers are installed over Sonoma. The list of files is found a couple times in this thread.

https://www.motunation.com/forum/viewt ... 9&start=30

It may not be quite that simple, however. Go to page 3 to see my notes on checking the Activity Monitor and other possible conflicts. It can be done.

One thing that cannot be done is to install the Audio drivers onto an external drive connected to an M1/2/3. Apple does not allow some .kxt files to load and there is no workaround (oddly, the MIDI drivers do work on an external—go figure!)...
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
junkmanukuk

Post by junkmanukuk »

Thxs mike i reinstalled again after deleting all the motu files and folders but i couldnt delete motufirewireaudio.kext and motumicroaudiobook.kext i dont know if that makes any difference

But once again its not showing up and also im not getting

After restarting, open System Preferences.
Select Security & Privacy.
In the Security section, click the Allow button.

Dunno whats going wrong may try on a fresh install

Thanks