Double Click Select-All

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Aaron Guidry
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Double Click Select-All

Post by Aaron Guidry »

Please please please tell me how to make a double click STOP selecting all.
For example, I click on a MIDI note, then click again, and it selects ALL the MIDI notes.
or, I click on a volume controller, then click again, and it selects ALL the volume controllers.
I want this to stop. How do I get it to stop? I'm losing my mind!
DP 11.31, Mac Studio M2 Ultra, 128GB Memory, Sonoma 14.3.1
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Double Click Select-All

Post by James Steele »

Aaron Guidry wrote:Please please please tell me how to make a double click STOP selecting all.
For example, I click on a MIDI note, then click again, and it selects ALL the MIDI notes.
or, I click on a volume controller, then click again, and it selects ALL the volume controllers.
I want this to stop. How do I get it to stop? I'm losing my mind!
Can’t you go into settings for the mouse and adjust the amount of time between clicks where it will still be considered a double click?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Aaron Guidry

Post by Aaron Guidry »

I have the double click settings on my Mac set to the fastest.
And, in DP, in the MIDI editing preferences, I've set double click to "do nothing."
This double click select-all thing also happens when editing controllers in audio as well.

Maybe it's not a double click. Maybe it's a click on a selection....then a pause...then a click again with the selection still selected that ultimately selects all? Is there some sort of setting to stop that behavior?
DP 11.31, Mac Studio M2 Ultra, 128GB Memory, Sonoma 14.3.1
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Aaron Guidry wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:30 pm I have the double click settings on my Mac set to the fastest.
And, in DP, in the MIDI editing preferences, I've set double click to "do nothing."
This double click select-all thing also happens when editing controllers in audio as well.

Maybe it's not a double click. Maybe it's a click on a selection....then a pause...then a click again with the selection still selected that ultimately selects all? Is there some sort of setting to stop that behavior?
Hmmmm... I do not know. I'm wondering if it might be possible to use some third party tool like SteerMouse to override that behavior? I haven't had time to try to reproduce the behavior/scenario you're talking about.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
SMS

Post by SMS »

I click on a MIDI note, then click again, and it selects ALL the MIDI notes.
or, I click on a volume controller, then click again, and it selects ALL the volume controllers
What do you want to happen when you double-click?

Why not just not double-click?
MOTU user since Performer™ 1.22 on 128k floppy
DP 11.23
MacBook Pro 14” 2023 M2 max 12 core
64 Gb RAM
4TB SSD
OS 14.0 Sonoma
UAD Apollo 8
828 mk3 Hybrid
MIDI Express XT