"Penciling in" controllors in DP4.6

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

jrhans
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

"Penciling in" controllors in DP4.6

Post by jrhans »

Why can't I just draw controllers (e.g. volume) into the sequence window and have MSI respond? If I do a "MIDI learn" for volume from a controller on my keyboard, it works with that controller only.

My problem: only have pitch bend and modulator wheels on my keyboard. I want volume for an MSI part mapped to controller 7 (the normal volume controller) - but if I simply scroll to cc7 in the "MIDI learn" window, MSI doesn't respond to controller changes I enter in the sequencer window. However, if I "MIDI learn" my actual modulation wheel for the volume knob of the MSI part, then it responds to modulator controller (1) I draw in the sequencer window.

Anybody get this? Any help? Thanks in advance!
joelmusic

Post by joelmusic »

i have used msi only once for a cd project and it didn't seem to be responding to controllers for me. i am sure it will, however i find it odd that it doesn't come out of the box just responding to what you send to it; at least the standard 7, 11, 10, 1, etc.
jrhans

update: how to use controllers in DP

Post by jrhans »

Thanks for the response, joelmusic.
I did find out that MSi responds to controllers drawn in the "Sequence Editor" window. I don't know why it wouldn't work in the grapic editor, unless I was doing something wrong. But if you do the correct enables, you can control individual part volume and a couple other parameters.