Need help with 828es silent “From Computer” outputs

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
tremo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Need help with 828es silent “From Computer” outputs

Post by tremo »

I’m setting up a new Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 speaker system (with IK MTM monitors), and everything’s (mostly) working fine. In the early testing phase; no DAW involved, just playing Atmos from Apple Music. Using 828 Analog Outs 1-4 for L-R-C-LFE, and feeding a Behringer ADA8200 from Optical Out A for the 8 surround channels. Mac Studio to 828es via Thunderbolt. 828 Routing screenshot attached.

In the Mac Audio/MIDI Setup, I’ve reduced the output level for all those channels to -14dB to keep things at a sane level. However, while that’s fine for my Audeze headphones, it’s too low for my Sennheiser HD600s. So I want to move Phones 2 to a different set of outputs -- say, From Computer 19-20 -- where I can independently raise the level.

I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get audio to pass through any “From Computer” outputs other than the ones I’ve already assigned. The Phones outs look right in Mac Audio Devices (see second screenshot).

Help! I'm stumped!
Attachments
828es Atmos Routing.png
828es Atmos Routing.png (69.15 KiB) Viewed 135 times
Atmos Mac Audio setup.png
Atmos Mac Audio setup.png (104.4 KiB) Viewed 135 times
Mac Studio Max | 32GB | 14.4.1 | 828es | M4 | DP 10.13 | Studio One 6.6 | Logic 10.8