focusrite FAST plugins failing to access preset directory

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

This might be a Sonoma issue. Not sure WHEN this came about but all my FAST series plugs display this message:

presetdirectory.jpg
presetdirectory.jpg (30.58 KiB) Viewed 145 times

Problem is ~/ is not where the presets are supposed to be. The supposed to be at ~/Library/Audio/Presets/Focusrite
And that's exactly where they are, but perhaps something with Sonoma has caused the plugins to not find the correct directory?

I wrote to focusrite. Hope to hear back, but if you are on Sonoma and have the focusrite FAST plugs, instantiate one and see if you get this also.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

Just head back:

“The FAST bundle is not yet officially compatible with macOS Sonoma and we have received some reports of incompatibility, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

What are the minimum requirements of the FAST plugins?

When a new OS version is released, we receive no prior indication as to what these new changes are and therefore how they might affect the performance of our plugins. This being said, we're currently looking into the problem and carrying out the required testing. I'll be happy to add your ticket to the bug case so that you'll be notified once an update is available.

The main issue we are hearing is that which you have described, surrounding the preset directory. We have had reports that dismissing the message allows you to continue and use the plugins as normal, you just may not be able to save presets.“
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!