Temporarily Groups and Send Knobs - RESOLVED

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Arceo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Temporarily Groups and Send Knobs - RESOLVED

Post by Arceo »

Hi,
does anybody know whether there's a way to include send knobs in Temporarily Groups?
When I invoke Temporarily Group with the letter “T” (selected tracks) or with the letter “W” (visible tracks) I can move Volume Sliders and Pampot Knobs all at once. The same thing doesn’t happen with Send Knobs. They seem not to be grouped, so I must tweek them individually even if they are temporarily grouped. It would be extremely convenient if I could tweek them at once.
Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something?
Thanks and cheers
Arceo
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Temporarily Groups and Send Knobs

Post by CharlzS »

In the Groups window use the window's mini menu (upper right) to 'Set Temporary Group Type'. Pick one of the types (I use Custom) and set the appropriate check boxes.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
Arceo

Post by Arceo »

Oh thank you so much Charlz! This tip is gonna save me soooo much time. I'm a very seasoned DP user but I never cease to be amazed at the things I still have to learn about this little gem that Dp is.

Once again thanks for you time, I hope I can be of help to you in the future.

Cheers
Arceo
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Did that work for you? I'm going to mark this one resolved then. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!