Ohmboyz plugins in DP 11, Apple Silicone, OS Ventura

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Chris T
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Ohmboyz plugins in DP 11, Apple Silicone, OS Ventura

Post by Chris T »

I did a completely new install of DP11.13 on my Mac Studio M2 Ultra machine running OS13.61 (Ventura).

I've used Ohmboyz plugins for years and loved them. However despite installing the plugins back onto my machine and opening previous DP sessions, the Ohmboyz plugs (mostly Ohmicide) come up as disabled and refuse topes. The do seem to be recognized by DP but just won't open.

I've contacted Ohmboyz, and tried their troubleshooting steps. Ohmboyz is not mentioned in my System Settings / Privacy & Security. I.e. OS doesn't seem to be blocking it...

Any ideas what else I can do? Even though I may not continue with Ohmboyz I really need to work on older sessions that use Ohmicide a lot...

Thanks.
Main SYS: 12-Core New Mac Pro (Dec 2013), 64GB RAM, OS10.10, Apollo Quad Interface, 3xSSD work/sound drives in TB Enclosure, UAD Plugs, DP, VE PRO, All NI, All Spectrasonics, many libraries, VIs etc.
2nd SYS: Intel 8-Core Mac Pro (2007), 28GB RAM, OS10.7, MOTU PCI 424, 2408 interfaces (4), DP8.07, VE PRO, All NI, All Spectrasonics, many libraries, VIs etc.
2 Mac Minis (2011): Dual Quad, 16GB RAM running VE Pro, various libraries in Kontakt, G-Player, UVI.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Ohmboyz plugins in DP 11, Apple Silicone, OS Ventura

Post by mikehalloran »

Have you changed your Security Settings to allow certain 3rd party files to load? Many including MOTU drivers and certain plug-ins require Reduced Security.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/m ... %20Policy.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

Unfortunately the ohm Force team has been severely compromised by internal strife. the head developer didn't go into detail but mentioned this and apologized for the lack of updates and age of their line up. There's a serious lack of development going on, I would say they disappear completely at some point. Best to freeze an older machine with the songs on it and move on. I personally own the All All bundle so this isn't fun to report.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
Chris T
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Chris T »

mikehalloran wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:00 pm Have you changed your Security Settings to allow certain 3rd party files to load? Many including MOTU drivers and certain plug-ins require Reduced Security.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/m ... %20Policy.
Yes I did that early on my new Mac Studio. Other software requires it also. Still no luck here...
Main SYS: 12-Core New Mac Pro (Dec 2013), 64GB RAM, OS10.10, Apollo Quad Interface, 3xSSD work/sound drives in TB Enclosure, UAD Plugs, DP, VE PRO, All NI, All Spectrasonics, many libraries, VIs etc.
2nd SYS: Intel 8-Core Mac Pro (2007), 28GB RAM, OS10.7, MOTU PCI 424, 2408 interfaces (4), DP8.07, VE PRO, All NI, All Spectrasonics, many libraries, VIs etc.
2 Mac Minis (2011): Dual Quad, 16GB RAM running VE Pro, various libraries in Kontakt, G-Player, UVI.
bleach30

Post by bleach30 »

Love ohmicide. If you have another Mac laying around you could use that as an "FX box"
This is how I still use ohmicide and some other fx that didn't port well.

Just connect the two machines via ethernet and use either
1. VEPro
2. Audiogridder : https://audiogridder.com

My main machine is an M1 Mac Studio and I have two other machines, a 2017 Mac mini and a 2015 iMac. I use the older machines as FX boxes for plugins that dont work on newer machines (Ohmicide) or others that don't work or are no longer around.

All machines connected to a network switch. The Mac mini is running VEPro and the iMac is Audio Gridder. (I've used it on the mini as well)

I then use screen share for setup etc. Super easy and it works.

I will say I think the last OS Ohmiced will work on is Catalina