Incompatibility issue with my 828mk3 Hybrid and new Mac Mini (Ventura, 2023)? RESOLVED

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
insightsono
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Incompatibility issue with my 828mk3 Hybrid and new Mac Mini (Ventura, 2023)? RESOLVED

Post by insightsono »

Hey guys. Of course it is the weekend and MOTU tech support is unavailable :oops: Maybe someone can assist.

I did a forum search here and on the Net with no solid leads or remedies. I did a factory reset, deleted all software and preferences, reinstalled software but was unable to install the latest firmware because it said the developer must update the firmware to accommodate the latest mac os's.

My 828 was working just fine on my ancient late 2012 Mac Mini but I had to upgrade for numerous reasons. For the life of me, I cannot get my mac to "see" my MOTU anywhere. I am in WTF land and really cannot afford to get a new decent interface due to the new Mac expenditure.

Any thoughts on a resolution here?

Thank in advance! :-D

-Rob
insightsono

Re: Incompatibility issue with my 828mk3 Hybrid and new Mac Mini (Ventura, 2023)?

Post by insightsono »

I actually didn't scroll down to the bottom of one of the pages that had a toggle to "allow" MOTU. That was the problem. Unbelievable. Thank you anyway guys!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Incompatibility issue with my 828mk3 Hybrid and new Mac Mini (Ventura, 2023)?

Post by James Steele »

insightsono wrote:I actually didn't scroll down to the bottom of one of the pages that had a toggle to "allow" MOTU. That was the problem. Unbelievable. Thank you anyway guys!
Did you get this worked out? I’ll mark it RESOLVED if so.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
insightsono

Post by insightsono »

Yes 🙌

Thank you!