DP11.31 is now available

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP11.31 is now available

Post by mikehalloran »

DP11.31 is now available for download 🔥

With DP11.31, we've focused on general enhancements, optimizations, and bug fixes in the program, while also adding a few new features:

- Added support for Novation Launchkey MK3 controller series
- Add track selection synchronization between DP and Console 1
- Updated iCON control surface integration with support for new iCON products
- And more

As always, a comprehensive update change-log file can be found in the installer window. Download the update today 💥

ℹ️ Linktr.ee/motutech

#digitalperformer #DAW #audio #recording #MIDI #studio #sound #software #Update
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
cuttime

Re: DP11.31 is now available

Post by cuttime »

Thanks for the heads up! I figured this one was coming soon.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

cuttime wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:22 am Thanks for the heads up! I figured this one was coming soon.
Funny, the DP auto-updater downloaded the Windows version. Anyhow:

Fixes
• Fixed a bug preventing insertion of ParaEQ from MCU-based control surfaces when following the method described in DP's Mackie Control documentation.
• Fixed a bug causing audition selection to omit the first notes on muted MIDI tracks.
• Fixed a crash when using the trim tool on an automation line with only one point.
• Deselect clips that get partially selected via a time range selection when part of the clip data also gets selected. Fixes a crash copying and pasting time range selections within clips in the MIDI Editor.
• Fixed a bug where double-clicking a note on the pitch ruler in the MIDI Editor might not select notes from every clip.
• Fixed a graphic glitch scrolling MIDI data in lines mode.
• Fixed an issue when edge-editing a clip to loop in the MIDI Editor and Sequence Editor using the left edge.
• Fixed a crash scrolling in the Drum Editor and Notation Editor.
• Fixed some potential bugs related to filters.
• Fixed a bug preventing notes from appearing in the Notation Editor.
• Fixed a crash related to time range selections in the Tracks Overview.
• Fixed a bug where notes could disappear when they are too small.
• Fixed a crash exiting the Groove Quantize pane with preview enabled while a clip is selected.
• Fixed a VST3 compatibility issue with Metric Halo plugins that could result in plugin UIs failing to display on Mac.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when opening older project files in DP11 that contain custom controller names.
• Fixed a crash when deleting all bundles in a project.
• Fixed a bug causing audio clips to attempt to open in the MIDI Editor when the preference is set to open MIDI clips in the MIDI Editor.
• Fixed an error that would occur when trying to open the Articulation Map Setup window for a project that has not yet been saved to disk.
• Fixed a bug that would cause visual glitches and unpredictable behavior when using QuickScribe to add a slur to a selection of one or more notes in a looped clip.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when adding articulations to notes that contain slurs in QuickScribe.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when graphically deleting slurs in QuickScribe.
• Fixed a bug where filtering by MIDI channel in the track selector wouldn't work.
• Fixed a bug that could result in a crash if a user attempts to delete a V-Rack containing one or more tracks currently visible in the mixing board while simultaneously filtered out of the mixing board's track selector by an active search term.
• Fixed undefined behaviors and potential crashes that could result from dragging and dropping audio files from external programs, or dragging and dropping audio that is subsequently deleted from the hard drive during a session.
• Forced Nugen AB Assist 2 to always run in realtime to prevent audio playback issues when toggling mixes during playback.
• Fixed a potential crash that could occur when adding a new track to a project containing plugins that use additional host information such as track names or colors.
• Fixed a bug that could result in undefined behaviors and crashing when showing and editing takes on an ARA-enabled track.
• Fixed a bug that could cause the assigned ARA effect on soundbites in takes not to update correctly when changing the assigned track ARA effect with takes showing.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when hiding takes in the Sequence Editor while the current selection includes data from one or more takes.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when you press the up or down arrow keys while pop-editing a track name from the channel strip.
• Fixed a bug preventing control surfaces from modifying the track solo state for VCA tracks.
• Fixed a bug that could cause Bounce Again settings on Windows not to highlight new selections correctly after deleting one or more items from the list.
• Fixed a memory leak issue in "Follow Click Style".
• Fixed a Console 1 integration bug that would cause issues editing pan on Windows.
• Fixed a bug that would cause Console 1's pan control to stop short of the furthest right pan value.
• Fixed a memory leak in the Change Meter dialog.
• Fixed a display bug drawing off velocity events in continuous data editors.
• Fixed a bug causing nondestructive MIDI effects to get printed when saving as MIDI regardless of the export setting selected upon saving.
• Fixed a bug displaying tempo events in the MIDI Editor and Sequence Editor.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when changing the sequence tempo during playback with stretch-enabled tracks containing ARA-enabled soundbites.
• Fixed a Console 1/VST3 bug where resetting pan to center from a plugin that uses host information would result in a non-centered setting.
• Fixed a bug where track colors would not update VST3 plugins that use this information (such as Console 1) when track colors are changed as a result of the scheme changing, and not an individual track's color changing.
• Fixed a bug affecting Live Room B, Live Room G, Live Stage, and Springamabob where the plugins could get stuck in bypass mode even after bypass is disabled.
• Worked around a graphical lag issue on macOS 14.3 and above.
• Fixed some graphical glitches in the Spanish localized version of DP.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Hmmm... downloading now. Looks like their servers are being hit pretty hard. It's coming in pretty slowly. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

Great news… fixes a couple issues I reported. Thank you, MOTU!
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Hmmm... some of the slow download time might have been that my Mac connected to the 2.4 Ghz version of my WiFi instead of the 5Ghz. It does that sometimes. I need to "forget" the 2.4Ghz version.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:48 pm Hmmm... some of the slow download time might have been that my Mac connected to the 2.4 Ghz version of my WiFi instead of the 5Ghz. It does that sometimes. I need to "forget" the 2.4Ghz version.
You must be a real hurry. At 2.4G, the download would take about 10 seconds.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

bayswater wrote:
James Steele wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:48 pm Hmmm... some of the slow download time might have been that my Mac connected to the 2.4 Ghz version of my WiFi instead of the 5Ghz. It does that sometimes. I need to "forget" the 2.4Ghz version.
You must be a real hurry. At 2.4G, the download would take about 10 seconds.
Depends on what your actual internet connection is. I was actually talking about the WiFi connection. I get a lot more bandwidth when I connect via 5GHz.

HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Pulled up an ongoing DP11.3 mix session and ran it under 11.31 without issue.
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31
greg328

Post by greg328 »

Love the extensive fix list, but I wish it included a fix for HALion 7 and HALion Sonic 7 crashing upon loading into DP.

I’m in discussions with Yamaha/Steinberg as they review my crash logs and they as of now cannot figure it out. Curiously, HALion 7 loads and functions just fine in Logic.

I also experience a daily frustration when dragging the detached Mixer window across my 3 monitors. When dragging it from one of the side monitors onto the main large central monitor, it always collapses to its smallest size; I need to manually corner-drag/expand it out.

I suppose I need to take the time to report these to MOTU-

Nonetheless, will download today!

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 GIG RAM, Apollo Quad, OS 13.4.1 Ventura
DP 11.22, Yamaha Motif XS8, Novation MoroderNova, UAD Apollo and FX plugs, Lots of PLAY/OPUS libraries, Ivory 2, lots of Arturia titles, all 4 Spectrasonics titles, NI Komplete 13, BFD2-3, Addictive Drums 2, MachFive 3, Pianoteq 6, lots of UVI Workstation titles, All 5 MusicLab guitars-RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLesPaulCustom, RealRickenbacker and RealEight.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

greg328 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:16 am
I also experience a daily frustration when dragging the detached Mixer window across my 3 monitors. When dragging it from one of the side monitors onto the main large central monitor, it always collapses to its smallest size; I need to manually corner-drag/expand it out.

I suppose I need to take the time to report these to MOTU…
Me too.

Not understanding the daily frustration, however. DP always remembers which monitor has my mixer — which is weird because Apple often gets my side monitors confused on waking (a reboot fixes this).
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
greg328

DP11.31 is now available

Post by greg328 »

Hey Mike, it’s a daily frustration because it occurs every day! :-)

I often move the mixer window to work with, and then tuck away to the side.

It’s obviously a bug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 GIG RAM, Apollo Quad, OS 13.4.1 Ventura
DP 11.22, Yamaha Motif XS8, Novation MoroderNova, UAD Apollo and FX plugs, Lots of PLAY/OPUS libraries, Ivory 2, lots of Arturia titles, all 4 Spectrasonics titles, NI Komplete 13, BFD2-3, Addictive Drums 2, MachFive 3, Pianoteq 6, lots of UVI Workstation titles, All 5 MusicLab guitars-RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLesPaulCustom, RealRickenbacker and RealEight.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

greg328 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:16 am I suppose I need to take the time to report these to MOTU-
:mrgreen:
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

Good to see more frequent updates, don't see any bug fixes to my video import problems, will have to check to see if .mov videos still play back black screen.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Did a session today with 6 mono tracks, 6 stereo tracks, and maybe a dozen MIDI tracks playing about 4 VI's.

I had about 4 occasions of errors. 2 of them were file errors which required me to save as a different name where it resaved all the audio. Fortunately, I never lost any work. But not very confidence inspiring.

At some point I exported an MP3 of a mix, then had to fix some things and re-export. DP gave me the option to replace, which I did, but then it wrote a separate file with a "2" appended. I didn't know this and sent the wrong file to a client. Grrrr.

This probably should have gone in the pissing and moaning sub-forum, but it is related to this brand new 11.31 update.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com