Forgot how to mute, solo bunch of tracks in the mixer

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
michkhol
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Forgot how to mute, solo bunch of tracks in the mixer

Post by michkhol »

Hi all,
coming back to DP (11.3) after working in other DAWs, I worked on a mixing project. I had a bunch of related tracks like kick mics, snare mics, overheads, the usual stuff. I needed to put plugins on them, mute them, solo them, show/hide them in the mixer, etc.

I did not want to switch to Track window, preferring doing everything in the Mixer, because I needed other windows and I had only one monitor.

For each instrument I ended up creating an aux track to put plugins into and mute them, a VCA group to be able to solo them, and a track folder to be able to hide them if necessary. For instance, for two kick mics I had one aux, one VCA and one folder. The same for snare mics and overheads. The same for the whole drums, guitars, keys, etc. As a result I ended up with a big number of tracks that was difficult to handle.

And I still could not figure out how to solo only Reverb aux track without muting everything else.

I searched in the forum but I could not find a comprehensive solution to all of the problems mentioned here. I think I forgot how to do it in DP, in other DAWs it was pretty easy actually. Could someone point me to the right direction?
MacPro, 32 GB RAM, Metric Halo ULN8
macOS 13.6.3, DP 11.3