Command Key Shortcuts for Editor Tools Free, Straight, Parabola, etc.

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
LaudMusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Command Key Shortcuts for Editor Tools Free, Straight, Parabola, etc.

Post by LaudMusic »

Has anyone figure out a way to create keyboard command shortcucts for the Editor Tools states: Free, Straight, Parabola, Spline, etc. I've been putzing with Keyboard Maestro mouse clicks and can seem to get it to "kinda" work, but if it's not on the 1st (free) state, then it doesn't work.
Arceo

Re: Command Key Shortcuts for Editor Tools Free, Straight, Parabola, etc.

Post by Arceo »

I'd be much interested myself, does anybody found a way to shortcut them?
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

When we built one with keyboard maestro years back, needed a different one for each screen due to differing resolutions. (1080P, 4K etc) And once scaling was added to DP (which we LOVE!) we had to keep the scaling the same to accommodate the click drag points in the DP menu.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

labman wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:58 am When we built one with keyboard maestro years back, needed a different one for each screen due to differing resolutions. (1080P, 4K etc) And once scaling was added to DP (which we LOVE!) we had to keep the scaling the same to accommodate the click drag points in the DP menu.
Right. I tried a demo of KM some time ago. It seemed to me that if your workflow included screen layouts and resolutions changes, KM doesn't do anything you can't do with the usual DP and macOS shortcuts.

Did I miss something?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

bayswater wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:53 pm
labman wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:58 am When we built one with keyboard maestro<snip>
Right. I tried a demo of KM some time ago. It seemed to me that if your workflow included screen layouts and resolutions changes, KM doesn't do anything you can't do with the usual DP and macOS shortcuts.

Did I miss something?
Hey there Bays... Unless something has changed which i missed, DP and MacOS shortcuts cant pull down those types of internal app menus for the specific tools. But Keyboard Maestro can do that.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

labman wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:49 am Hey there Bays... Unless something has changed which i missed, DP and MacOS shortcuts cant pull down those types of internal app menus for the specific tools. But Keyboard Maestro can do that.
Thanks. I’ll have another look at it.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8