V-Rack Playback Bug

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
lydian91
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

V-Rack Playback Bug

Post by lydian91 »

I have a particular project file from a collaborator that will only play sound from one side (sometimes not at all) upon opening the file. If I close the file and re-open (without quitting DP), the audio plays fine. My collaborator and I are both experiencing the issue with this file specifically. I've tried loading the chunks into a fresh project file, but we're still having the issue, though it's inconsistent. Sometimes it works fine on launch, other times not.

All of the auxes and master bussing is contained within a v-rack, so perhaps something has gone awry there? Has anyone experienced something like this before?
Mac Studio M2 Ultra (192GB RAM) | macOS 13.5.2 | MOTU M4 | DP 11.3
daniel.sneed

Re: V-Rack Playback Bug

Post by daniel.sneed »

In my projects VIs are always set within Vracks and I've never encountered this behavior.
Maybe you could get more help in this forum thru being more specific.
Which VI is involved in this trouble?
What is your *auxes and master bussing*?
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...
lydian91

Re: Stereo Playback Bug?

Post by lydian91 »

I think I found the problem. It took several rounds of re-opening the project to get the one-sided playback happening. Everything flows into an aux channel that contains MOTU's dynamic eq. The playback immediately returned to both channels upon bypassing the plugin. The problem returned upon re-enabling the plugin.

My collaborator set up this template, so that's not a plugin I typically use. I tried bypassing other plugins to be sure. It’s definitely the dynamic eq. I remember reading way back that this (and maybe the spatial maximizer as well?) had some buggy behavior.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra (192GB RAM) | macOS 13.5.2 | MOTU M4 | DP 11.3