As Harrison Disappears up the SSL Orifice ...

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

As Harrison Disappears up the SSL Orifice ...

Post by bayswater »

Has anyone using Mixbus or related been able to find their account on SSL? I had an email from Harrison with a "reply-to" address that doesn't work. I can log onto SSL, but there is no record of my Harrison products, and if I follow the instructions to re-register them, Chrome and Safari report that the URL on the SSL site that takes you to the account has a typo. The old Mixbus forum address where there might be some help takes you to Mixbus ads on the SSL site. A few support messages to both companies get no reply.

Has anyone had any success finding the MIA accounts?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran

Re: As Harrison Disappears up the SSL Orifice ...

Post by mikehalloran »

I went through a complicated rigamarole in November trying to move my licenses to get a free plug-in that I never got. At one point, I had 6 or 7 tabs open with nothing making sense. I finally gave up and am done with them.

I have no idea if they answer the phone in Tennessee anymore but here it is:

+1 (615) 768-5501
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I was going to give up too, but for some projects I like Mixbus, and would like to keep using it now and then. It works as it is, but I don't have access to updates.

As for the "free" plugin, it was an iLok licence to replace to text licenses they used before. I didn't bother.
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by CharlzS »

The account login credentials at Harrison are the same as the SSL login. Whatever user ID and password you set at one is used for the other. If you go to the Mixbus/Mixbus32 products page on the Harrison site, you can get the latest version in the downloads section. It doesn't appear to care if you're logged in or not. I guess there is no way to register old Harrison products with SSL yet (at least none that I can see). There is also no way to register SSL products that were delivered with an iLok activation key only, i.e. older Audiodeluxe purchases. More recently third parties deliver the product codes instead of iLok. The SSL download manager doesn't care if the product is registered/licensed or not - it's up to you to figure that out. I've owned Mixbus32 since V7 and registration, updates, etc have always been interesting. SSL probably never figured that they would be this deep into software.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Yes, I’ve been able to get an ID to work on SSL, but once there, none of the links work. I haven’t tried to use it on the Harrison site, but I did get a reply from them today with direct links to downloads., so as you say it doesn’t seem to matter whether you are logged in or not. Looks like there has been no integration of sites so far, even though the comms from both that I have say I need to go on the SSL site and re-register what I have from Harrison.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I guess there is no way to register old Harrison products with SSL yet (at least none that I can see)
Yea... They sent a number of email on the subject last November, then more apologising for the fact that the process didn't work. The new way didn't work either.

I had Mixbus32C since v.6 and paid upgrades into v.8.

If you go here, you can get your purchase history through Fastspring emailed to you.

https://olc.harrisonconsoles.com/account-history.php
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
pencilina

Post by pencilina »

I don't remember the process a few months ago but I was able to get my plugins re-registered and working. I think I had to read the instructions a couple times.
Latest DP, Gigabyte Designaire z390 i9 Hackintosh 32G Ram, Lucid ADA88192, RME FF800 and FF802 on M1 MPB, Ventura, and a Pencilina