Bussing Stereo and Surround Tracks

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Bussing Stereo and Surround Tracks

Post by JSmith1234567 »

I am trying to bus a stereo track to two mono busses, and a 5.1 surround track to six mono busses.

I was able to trick out the stereo track by putting the same stereo send bus on two of it's sends, then panning one send full-left and the other send full-right.

This sends each discrete side of the stereo signal to two separate mono busses.

On the surround track, however, there is no panner in DP's mixing board send's?

Or at least I couldn't find a preference that would allow me to have one, unless I am missing something?

Any ideas out there for sending each channel of the 5.1 surround track to it's own separate mono bus?

I could put six surround sends on that 5.1 track, send them all to six different 5.1 busses, insert the calibration plugin on each of the six 5.1 busses and mute all but one of the channels in each, then send THOSE to six mono busses which would then get the discrete mono channel, but I was hoping there was an easier way to do this without adding all of these extra 5.1 busses?

Thanks!
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Bussing Stereo and Surround Tracks

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Never mind!

Just noticed there is a "send from channel" option on the surround sends that gives you a choice.
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro