828es no aux mixer in/out until MOTU restart

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
rwandering
Primary DAW OS: Windows

828es no aux mixer in/out until MOTU restart

Post by rwandering »

I had an odd problem today. I was setting up to record vocals while listening to backing tracks. My setup is that I send both the DAW output and the mic input to the mixer for zero-latency recording. It wasn't working.

On the device view, I could see that the mixer inputs were lighting up, but nothing was showing on the mixer view.

I ended up restarting the 828es and then it worked perfectly as expected. I don't know what would have happened, it hadn't been on for very long and I hadn't changed any of the settings. Of course I restarted my DAW too (not the computer), but really that shouldn't have anything to do with internal routing in the MOTU.

This isn't a huge deal, except that I'm creating a rig to also use it for live sound with my band. It would be a problem if the mixer just stopped working in the middle of a show.

Anybody else experience this?

I know this could end up being a support request, but right now I don't feel like it is reproducible.
Robert W. Anderson
----
MOTU 828es (had an Ultralite original, mk3, and AVB)
Helix & Clarett+Octopre
Presonus S1 (formerly Sonar)
PreSonus MonitorStation
Event Biamplified 20/20
Primarily play PRS, Gibson Les Paul & EC-30.
rwandering
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: 828es no aux mixer in/out until MOTU restart

Post by rwandering »

I'm wondering if this is a version of the mixer losing sync: viewtopic.php?t=73537

But this certainly wasn't on for very long.
Robert W. Anderson
----
MOTU 828es (had an Ultralite original, mk3, and AVB)
Helix & Clarett+Octopre
Presonus S1 (formerly Sonar)
PreSonus MonitorStation
Event Biamplified 20/20
Primarily play PRS, Gibson Les Paul & EC-30.