Nothing going into Master Fader. - RESOLVED

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
NealF
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Nothing going into Master Fader. - RESOLVED

Post by NealF »

Don't know how this happened, but I created a Master Fader and nothing is being routed to it.
Looks just like all the other master faders in other tracks.

Any ideas?
MacPro5,1 6-Core Intel Xeon, Processor Speed: 3.46 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 6
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 12 MB
Memory: 32 GB. Mojave. DP 9 and Apogee Duet.
mikehalloran

Re: Nothing going into Master Fader.

Post by mikehalloran »

You are most likely selecting the wrong output bundle. Sometimes, I see the correct output but have to create a new one anyway.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
NealF

Post by NealF »

I just had a realization...

I'm still not used to the fact that one can show or hide tracks in the Tracks window.
So, as I suspected, I had 3 Master tracks.

Got rid of 2 and now all is fine with the world.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

NealF wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:07 pm I just had a realization...

I'm still not used to the fact that one can show or hide tracks in the Tracks window.
So, as I suspected, I had 3 Master tracks.

Got rid of 2 and now all is fine with the world.
Glad it's good. Point of trivia that may or may not be helpful: if you have more than one Master Fader track, the one that appears leftmost in the Mixer takes priority. This can be helpful in situations where you my have high latency plugins on the Master Fader, but want lower latency for tracking. Create another Master Fader with no plugs (or maybe just a Trim plug to compensate for any volume loss) and then move it to the leftmost position when you want to track.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
NealF

Re: Nothing going into Master Fader. - RESOLVED

Post by NealF »

Interesting.
Didn't know that. Thanks.
Maxxy

Post by Maxxy »

James Steele wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:41 pm Point of trivia that may or may not be helpful: if you have more than one Master Fader track, the one that appears leftmost in the Mixer takes priority. This can be helpful in situations where you my have high latency plugins on the Master Fader, but want lower latency for tracking. Create another Master Fader with no plugs (or maybe just a Trim plug to compensate for any volume loss) and then move it to the leftmost position when you want to track.
Such a great tip James... I saw your post on this in an earlier thread. A real eye-opener.... I now use this all the time when mixing... so easy to jump between a faux master and an empty 2 bus .... No need to save and clear the Inserts

Thank you for this

Maxxy
Mac mini 2023 M2 Pro, 32g RAM, LG 32UD99 4k monitor on HDMI, OSX 13.6.1, DP 11.3, MOTU TB AVB 16A w/AVB Monitor 8 on ethernet cable, UAD Apollo x8, Netstor TB3 PCIe card expansion w/ UAD-2... 1 x Octo and 2 x Quad cards, Softube Console 1 MkII & Fader Control
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Maxxy wrote:
James Steele wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:41 pm Point of trivia that may or may not be helpful: if you have more than one Master Fader track, the one that appears leftmost in the Mixer takes priority. This can be helpful in situations where you my have high latency plugins on the Master Fader, but want lower latency for tracking. Create another Master Fader with no plugs (or maybe just a Trim plug to compensate for any volume loss) and then move it to the leftmost position when you want to track.
Such a great tip James... I saw your post on this in an earlier thread. A real eye-opener.... I now use this all the time when mixing... so easy to jump between a faux master and an empty 2 bus .... No need to save and clear the Inserts

Thank you for this

Maxxy
No worries. I’m sure that this behavior is just a happy accident… just like how I discovered it. I can’t imagine MOTU envisioned users doing this, but it works for now. Image
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!