route MIDI from several tracks track to another MIDI track

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
dewdman42
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: route MIDI from several tracks track to another MIDI track

Post by dewdman42 »

stubbsonic wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:38 pm I've also noticed that Logic has some tools that are less crude either in use or in appearance. Some are more full featured-- e.g., chord trigger, an arp with a prettier GUI, etc. Also FX that are nicer to work with.
It also has several actual step sequencers that are considerably better then dp's drum editor which is the only thing even remotely close and even that isn't.

The closest we can get in DP is using the clip editor. Its true you can do some cool things with that, no doubt, but in terms of arp type of functionality...sorry...DP is behind. I don't think most typical Dp users care, but I also think DP could gain market share by addressing some areas like this.
When I open the quantize window in DP, I see a profession tool for grown-ups.
Hey hey now. LogicPro is for "grown ups" too and grown ups like better tools. In this regard, LogicPro is better. And some third party plugins are too. Sorry...but Dp is great, but its behind in this area. There is nothing "grown up" about having to use inferior tools.
5,1 MacPro 3.46ghz x 12 cores,96gb, Monterey (OpenCore), Lynx AES16e-50+X32
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: route MIDI from several tracks track to another MIDI track

Post by stubbsonic »

dewdman42 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:46 pm Hey hey now. LogicPro is for "grown ups" too and grown ups like better tools. In this regard, LogicPro is better. And some third party plugins are too. Sorry...but Dp is great, but its behind in this area. There is nothing "grown up" about having to use inferior tools.
Before I saw your post, I went in and edited my reply to remove that "grown up" dig, because I didn't mean it that way. But also, I was speaking about ONE specific feature (quantization) and not DP as a whole-- or to imply that Logic isn't grown up.

DP's quantize is more flexible than Logic's, and better than the quantize features in most other DAW's (that I've tried).

I would never argue that DP is better than other DAW's. There are some challenging compositional tasks that I can accomplish in DP. That's as far as I'll go. I've tried Logic at several times, and there are things I like about it, things I don't like about it. Same with DP.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com