Template Approaches

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Digiuser
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Template Approaches

Post by Digiuser »

I see in your signature that you’re using VEPRO7 with DP and Metagrid Pro. I use these as well but have found that ever since Metagrid Pro 1.4 and the Metaserver version 3.4(currently 4.something), that VEPro is stealing/freezing Metagrid commands. It’s really noticeable for me and some others when VePro is the front most app. If VEPro stays in the background Metagrid pro is somewhat reliable when I push its buttons. When VePro is in front, Metagrid pro commands go into a black hole and never come out. This happened when I was previously using a 2 Mac setup host/server and it continues with my new setup which is using one computer, a Mac Studio M2 UltrA. Metagrid has told me they think that Ve Pro is stealing ports that Metagrid is trying to use—but no solution yet. It’s been what seems like at least 2 years with this issue. Started happening when the Metaserver app updated to 3.4. Ever since then, I’ve had this issue. I only use Metagrid for articulation switching as well as some shortcut commands/macros in DP.
cojoncio
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Template Approaches

Post by cojoncio »

Sorry to see you're having problems with MG and VEP.
In my case they work flawlessly but I have to say I don't use VEP in my master computer (Mac Studio), Just the plugin that connects to my servers, therefore MG and DP are always in front. As MG becomes more complex, problems arise. As far as I know the additional content (app specific) haven't been updated for DP since the classic MG version.

Hope you can find a fix soon.
Mac Studio Ultra 128 RAM-Ventura
Hackintosh i9-128 RAM-NVMe and SSD drives-Monterey
PC i9-256 RAM-NVMe and SSD drives-Windows 10

828es-828-mk2-ADA8000
VEP7, some nice libraries and some nice hardware synths