clip contents in event list?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
dewdman42
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

clip contents in event list?

Post by dewdman42 »

When I look at the event list for a track I notice that the contents of MIDI clips are not shown there, only a single entry for the entire clip is showing in the event list. Is there some way I am missing to cause the event list to actually show all the MIDI events including inside clips or a way to drill down into them and show in the event list view?
5,1 MacPro 3.46ghz x 12 cores,96gb, Monterey (OpenCore), Lynx AES16e-50+X32
stubbsonic

Re: clip contents in event list?

Post by stubbsonic »

I went to tinker with this question. I created a clip. Dragged it to the clips window.

Then I edited the clip from that window and tried to change the start time to 1|1|000, and guess what? DP crashed.

In fairness, I did coincidentally open a project with which I had previous issues, so not a particularly fair assessment, admittedly.

But yea, to partially respond to your question, the only way I could edit that MIDI clip was to open the clips window, and view the piano roll from there.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
dewdman42

Re: clip contents in event list?

Post by dewdman42 »

Thanks for trying it. guess I will submit feature request to MOTU unless someone knows something more.
5,1 MacPro 3.46ghz x 12 cores,96gb, Monterey (OpenCore), Lynx AES16e-50+X32