Audio Editing in DP 11.3 and Sonoma

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Rick Cornish
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Audio Editing in DP 11.3 and Sonoma

Post by Rick Cornish »

Been doing a lot of heavy audio editing and I’ve noticed some unfamiliar behavior in DP 11.3 on my Mac Studio running Sonoma.

Selection Behavior
When selecting segments of time in the Tracks Overview (I’m selecting 3 tracks which are grouped together, but it works the same on single-track selections)…
• When I select the tracks and use the standard keyboard shortcut (F5) to set the selection start time, the track group gets un-selected.
• The standard keyboard shortcut to select the selection start time (F5) also does not enter the cursor time as the selection start on the first press… it requires **two** presses to enter the cursor time in the selection start time field
• Both these are definitely different from behavior I remember from working in DP 11.2 on an Intel machine running Monterey

Is anyone else noticing this, or is it just me?
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
stubbsonic

Re: Audio Editing in DP 11.3 and Sonoma

Post by stubbsonic »

Just tested here, and it appears to be working normally. I set up three audio tracks, and whether grouped or not, the F5 did just instantly set the selection start time to the counter/wiper.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Rick Cornish

Re: Audio Editing in DP 11.3 and Sonoma

Post by Rick Cornish »

Thanks, stubbsonic. I will dive into this with MOTU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
Rick Cornish

Re: Audio Editing in DP 11.3 and Sonoma [VERIFIED 11.3 BUG]

Post by Rick Cornish »

I sent a demonstration video into MOTU and this morning, I got this reply from Caleb:

I have been able to reproduce this issue consistently in DP11.3, so I'm going to log it as a bug with this version of DP. You're correct, previous versions such as 11.23 and 11.22 do not exhibit this behavior. Hopefully we'll have a fix soon - I'll update you as soon as we do!
Rick Cornish