Using DP 11.3. Frustrated with Sequence jockeying..

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Kenny B
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Using DP 11.3. Frustrated with Sequence jockeying..

Post by Kenny B »

Don't know how to describe this but while using the tabs to go back and forth between Tracks and Mixing Board, something I am having to do many times while mastering tracks... I find the program DP displays the wrong sequence, usually the prior one. I fix that then go to mixing board and it still shows the wrong one, and I end up wasting time jocking back and forth. My projects usually contain multiple sequences.

To fix this, I sometimes save the program, quit, then restart and that usually fixes it but sometimes does not. A bug?
2023 Apple Mac Mini Pro M2; 12 Core, 32 GB Unified RAM, Mac OS Venura 13.6.1, 1 TB SSD boot, DP ver. 11.3, Apogee Symphony II 8x8, Axiom 61 Controller, MachFive2, FabFilter plugins, ReLab VSRn24 reverb. Some really great acoustic guitars, Schoeps MK4s, Charter Oak E700 mic, 2 Great River preamps
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Using DP 11.3. Frustrated with Sequence jockeying..

Post by mikehalloran »

Huh? Can you please post some screen shots? You can add three per post.

Are you in the Consolidated Window?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Using DP 11.3. Frustrated with Sequence jockeying..

Post by bayswater »

Maybe this preference?

Update Edit windows to Play Chunk: When this preference option is checked, editor windows (such as the Event List, MIDI Editor, etc.) will always show tracks from the currently play- enabled sequence or song. If you play-enable a different sequence or song, edit windows will update to reflect this change. There is a keyboard shortcut for toggling this command in the Commands window, which you can assign to any keyboard shortcut.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8