DP 11.3 QuickScribe buggy/crashy

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 11.3 QuickScribe buggy/crashy

Post by stubbsonic »

[edit after more serious problems arose]
Just working on a project with some QuickScribe Notation and there were serious problems.

A QS window for two tracks had some display oddities, with large square white and black areas along the right edge (past what would have been the margin. Then there was one random note with hundreds of ledger lines-- and that note was not placed and can't be found in the track where it is shown (or anywhere).

A note that I had corrected the spelling of later reverted to the wrong spelling. When I went to respell it again, a strange swooshy line appeared across the page (that looked like a tie went rogue). So again, I took the NOTE RESPELL tool and just tried switching it back to see of the swoosh would go away and DP crashed.

This was my first real work-task on DP since updating. Disappointing to say the least. DP continues to be by far the crashiest program I use. :deadhorse: I guess there's something to be said for consistency. After all those bug fixes, I was expecting smoother sailing. A sign of my decreased immaturity is that I'm less stressed out by it. :smash: But it does make it impossible to get actual work done. Eeergh. :banghead: also :boohoo:
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 11.3 QuickScribe buggy/crashy

Post by stubbsonic »

Yea, it's still crashing-- with display glitches that keep shifting around it feels like it's barely holding it together.

I don't really have time to send the problem file to MOTU at the moment, but will follow up with them.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com