Problem between VSL's VEPro 7 and Vienna Instruments Pro on an M1 MacBook Pro w/ Ventura 13.6.3 RESOLVED

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
zuul-studios
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Problem between VSL's VEPro 7 and Vienna Instruments Pro on an M1 MacBook Pro w/ Ventura 13.6.3 RESOLVED

Post by zuul-studios »

Hello -

I'm in the process of migrating my music projects from an Intel-based iMac Pro computer to a "newer" Silicon-based M1 Max MacBook Pro computer. (Both computers have the Ventura 13.6.3 macOS.) Overall, the transition has been uneventful but with one significant exception. I "house" my growing libraries of Virtual Instruments (VIs) using VSL's VEPro 7, with a rather extensive orchestral library from VSL. VEPro 7 does NOT hold instances using Vienna Instruments Pro on the M1 MacBook Pro. It does on my faithful yet "aging" Intel-based iMac Pro computer. Interestingly, the Vienna Instruments Pro software works fine as a stand-alone program. For example, I can incorporate VSL's VIs within MOTU's Digital Performer without any problems. Frustratingly, VEPro 7 does not "remember" VIs using the Vienna Instruments Pro plug-in. (The irony is that both are produced by VSL!)

I sought official support from VSL. One employee did respond with a possible solution. The solution, involving deleting and re-installing the Vienna Instruments Pro software, did not work.

Has anyone here experience similar issues between VSL's VEPro 7 & Vienna Instruments Pro on their silicon-based Apple computer?? If so, what was your fix or work-around??

I have a few modestly large templets that use VSL's VIs that I would like to use on my "newer" M1 Max MacBook Pro computer. Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thank you,

Ted
Computer:
Apple's M2 Mac Studio with 96 RAM; macOS X 14.5 (beta 3); 1 Internal SSD, 8 External SSDs, MOTU 828es audio device, AKAI MPK88 Keyboard Controller

Software:
DP11.31, Logic Pro X, FCPX, DaVinci Resolve; VSL's Super Package, VEPro 7 & MIR Pro, VI Pro 2; Altiverb 8; Cinesample's CineSympnony Complete Bundle; Native-Instrument's Komplete 13 Ultimate Collectors Edition, and many more VIs.
zuul-studios
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Problem between VSL's VEPro 7 and Vienna Instruments Pro on an M1 MacBook Pro w/ Ventura 13.6.3

Post by zuul-studios »

Well. . . The issue seems to be fixed now. After deleting and re-installing both VE Pro 7 and Vienna Instruments Pro, all is working as it should. What seemed to fix the problem is re-scanning the effects and VI plug-ins from within VE Pro 7.

I am happy to say that tech support from VSL was very responsive while I was attempting to problem-solve this issue.

In the meanwhile. . . . I hope all here have a pleasant holiday season.

Kind regards,

Ted
Computer:
Apple's M2 Mac Studio with 96 RAM; macOS X 14.5 (beta 3); 1 Internal SSD, 8 External SSDs, MOTU 828es audio device, AKAI MPK88 Keyboard Controller

Software:
DP11.31, Logic Pro X, FCPX, DaVinci Resolve; VSL's Super Package, VEPro 7 & MIR Pro, VI Pro 2; Altiverb 8; Cinesample's CineSympnony Complete Bundle; Native-Instrument's Komplete 13 Ultimate Collectors Edition, and many more VIs.