Track Selector choices keep changing...

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Kenny B
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Track Selector choices keep changing...

Post by Kenny B »

This has been going on since I can remember. I will click on one of the tabs, say Tracks.... then go to Mixing Board and will see tracks highlighted in the Track Selector window indicating which tracks I have showing. If I add a few tracks there, the show up... but if I go back to the Tracks tab, or back and forth between the tabs, the tracks that show up changes, i.e., do not remember which ones I want to have show up or highlighted.

Don't know if this is a bug in the software or something DP does intentionally.
2023 Apple Mac Mini Pro M2; 12 Core, 32 GB Unified RAM, Mac OS Venura 13.6.1, 1 TB SSD boot, DP ver. 11.3, Apogee Symphony II 8x8, Axiom 61 Controller, MachFive2, FabFilter plugins, ReLab VSRn24 reverb. Some really great acoustic guitars, Schoeps MK4s, Charter Oak E700 mic, 2 Great River preamps
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Track Selector choices keep changing...

Post by bayswater »

I hope someone can figure this out. I tried to get this to work a long time ago, and think I had it the way I wanted with V9. With the update to 11.3, whatever I did seems lost.

I think Magic Dave explained once how to get it to work but I didn’t understand his description.

If you look at Editing Preferences there are three options for the Track Selector, with descriptions that don’t tell you much. In addition you can open Track Selector as part of the CW, or as its own window. It’s possible that one of the six possible combinations will do what you want.

Right now, if I change the selection in one window, it doesn’t change what shows in the other windows. I have the third option selected in Preferences and the Track Selector popped out as its own window.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8