Digital Performer 11.3 released!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Digital Performer 11.3 released!

Post by bayswater »

Phil O wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:03 am
James Steele wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:36 pm I know what they're talking about though. I've had that happen where I changed it to open with the latest DP version by default and it didn't "stick."
Another thing you could try is control-clicking the DP document and selecting "Open With" from the pop-up. Once opened and saved it should open with the newer version. (well it "should" :? )

BTW, the Open With pop-up also indicates the current default app for the selected document.

Your friendly neighborhood Phil
If you delete the older version, then open the new version from the Applications folder instead of a launcher, then the new version shows on the launcher and becomes the default. If you still need the old version you could hide it while doing this, then bring if back. It seems a bit odd to do things this way but I get MOTU is giving us the option of updating while being able to keep using the old version to finish up current projects.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Saxplayerz wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:16 pm Well looks like it has more MIDI issues than 11.23
Had. Now notes disappear upon resize.
It's less of a MIDI issue, and more of a display glitch that only occurs with some themes. I'm with James, they'll be able to sort it out.

Given that they squashed so many bugs, it's not surprising that they couldn't test every possible function & scenario.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

stubbsonic wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:52 pm It's less of a MIDI issue, and more of a display glitch that only occurs with some themes. I'm with James, they'll
Yes. Again, it's easy to try a different theme while this gets sorted out. This is not happening with Rick's Beyond Black theme.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8