DP11 and UAD native plugins

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP11 and UAD native plugins

Post by James Steele »

HCMarkus wrote:It seems James' tip works for me: open DP with a project file that does not include any UADx plugins, then close without quitting DP and open the desired UADx project.
That works most of the time, but not always I’ve heard. Glad it’s working for you. Oddly enough, once I got past validating the latest UADx plugs, it appears my projects containing them all open okay. FWIW, however, I updated to Sonoma (14.1.1) because I don’t take outside clients so I can live dangerously. Ha! I must say, Sonoma has been pretty good for me overall. You just have to run DP 11.23 which fixed a few Sonoma specific issues.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Irimi Nage
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP11 and UAD native plugins

Post by Irimi Nage »

UAD told me bluntly that they have no intention of fixing this issue. They doesn't officially support DP at all. I mean that literally - if you ask them a DP related support question they will tell you, and DP is not in their published list of supported DAW's (at least last time I checked). They simply don't care if it works in DP or not. You can imagine how I've loved hearing this from them lol.

Running DP in Rosetta is the only method that allows me to use UADx in DP (I haven't tried 11.3 yet, I'm mid-project and it's not a good time to upgrade). DP takes forever to boot up and load sessions in Rosetta. Otherwise it works ok I guess. I've read that I'd get a lot more power out of my computer without Rosetta (M1 Max Mac Studio). I have a lot of UADx's, and use them constantly so for now that's how it's gotta be.