I'm looking for paid consultant to help me w/ DP & EastWest

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
Alicia Morgan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

I'm looking for paid consultant to help me w/ DP & EastWest

Post by Alicia Morgan »

Hi - I am coming back to DP after many years away, and there is a LOT about it I'm unfamiliar with. I am currently doing some media scoring, and would like to switch from Logic to DP because of the great video features in DP.

However, I really need some help in trying to figure out how to set up a template and use EastWest instruments, and I would be more than happy to pay for someone's expertise at their going rate. There are no text or video tutorials online that I could find, either from EW or DP's support or on YouTube, that deal effectively with DP and EastWest, or I would do it myself. I've been trying and just getting more confused, and wasting hours in trial-and-error is keeping me from actually working on my projects, and I don't have that kind of time to waste.

If you or anyone you know does DP consulting, I would appreciate any info.

Thanks, Alicia
MBP 2020 2.3 Quad-Core i7 32GB RAM
Sonoma 14.0
UA Apollo Twin MkII Thunderbolt, Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Reaper, DP
JohnG

Re: I'm looking for paid consultant to help me w/ DP & EastWest

Post by JohnG »

Hi Alicia,

Nice to meet you. I wonder if the issue could be Sonoma, at least in part? I am waiting to move from Ventura, as a good bit of the software I use is not fully checked out for Sonoma.

I"ve been using East West and DP for a long, long time. I wonder if you could describe what issue you're having and how it differs from your experience with other plugins like Kontakt, Spitfire, and so on? I'm busy on another project but there are a lot of capable folks around here who'd probably be helpful.

Kind regards,

John
Kind regards,

John Graham
www.johngrahammusic.com
greg328

Post by greg328 »

Hello- I could possibly help. I’m a long-time user of both DP and EastWest- currently using Opus and several libraries. Please reach out via PM if interested.

Greg Giacona
Austin TX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 GIG RAM, Apollo Quad, OS 13.4.1 Ventura
DP 11.22, Yamaha Motif XS8, Novation MoroderNova, UAD Apollo and FX plugs, Lots of PLAY/OPUS libraries, Ivory 2, lots of Arturia titles, all 4 Spectrasonics titles, NI Komplete 13, BFD2-3, Addictive Drums 2, MachFive 3, Pianoteq 6, lots of UVI Workstation titles, All 5 MusicLab guitars-RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLesPaulCustom, RealRickenbacker and RealEight.
Alicia Morgan

Post by Alicia Morgan »

Thank you so much for responding! I don't think it's Sonoma - I think it's my unfamiliarity with using both DP and a sound library. I was just working in Logic and using those sounds, but they are not as good as the dedicated libraries. I am not sure about the routing, whether you use an instrument track and a MIDI track and how to record the audio for stems; whether it's best to use a single instance of Opus and how the V-rack stuff works, etc., etc., etc.

If I wasn't up against a time limit, I'd keep slogging away myself. I RTFM but it's easy to get sucked down a rabbit hole and not come up with what I actually need. For me, once I get a workflow that I understand, I should be fine.

Thanks again for the quick response - I appreciate it.
MBP 2020 2.3 Quad-Core i7 32GB RAM
Sonoma 14.0
UA Apollo Twin MkII Thunderbolt, Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Reaper, DP