DP 11 and Icon Qcon Pro X

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
sigmon
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP 11 and Icon Qcon Pro X

Post by sigmon »

Greetings,
Recently picked up this control surface for use with DP, and just for making mix moves, absolutely worth it for me. However, the videos from Motu covering setup and usage are pretty basic. There may be further integration that I haven't been able to uncover, in particular, changing plugin parameters with faders. Does anyone have more info or experience with their Icon control surface they'd be willing to share?

Thanks!
terencepalmer
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DP 11 and Icon Qcon Pro X

Post by terencepalmer »

In Digital Performer, look under the Help menu for "Control Surfaces Help". That will open a folder with a few different PDFs. The "Mackie Control" one applies to a lot if not all of the functionality of the Qcon.

I have the Qcon Pro G2 and i don't know what the differences are for the Pro X, but that manual improved my understanding greatly. I went from thinking a lot of the buttons didn't really work with DP to actually understanding what they each do.