Performer Lite - sounds & instruments, was Sweetwater lying? [edit - NO!]

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
FrankM
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Performer Lite - sounds & instruments, was Sweetwater lying? [edit - NO!]

Post by FrankM »

I know some of you may be getting sick of me and my Performer Lite Qs, but here's another one: I just saw a youtube from Sweetwater that describes PL as coming with 100 virtual instruments and 6GB of loops and samples - here's the link to the exact time in the video:

https://youtu.be/OsJip1JbvQc?t=306

These are the only MOTU instruments I see when I create an instrument track:

BassLine
Model12
Modulo
nanosampler
PolySynth
Proton

That's a little less than 100! I went to motu.com, logged in, went to the downloads area and hunted for anything resembling virtual instruments or sound files but saw nothing except some instrument downloads for the Windows version of PL. So... what gives? Was this something offered for a limited time, or only comes with PL when you buy an interface? I got invited to download PL after registering my Fastlane. Thanks to anyone clearing this up.
Last edited by FrankM on Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Performer Lite - sounds & instruments, was Sweetwater lying?

Post by stubbsonic »

It's a good question. I have no idea what that could be referring to. That is both weird and super annoying.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
cuttime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by cuttime »

Are they referring to the UVI Player Soundbank?

https://youtu.be/7rxmXDYdoBo?si=HEOPHWeOW6SpUH30
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by CharlzS »

Look for the UVI Workstation instrument, a third party plug. I believe the plug and the UFS sounds are installed with PL now. If it's not installed, there are instructions somewhere on the MOTU site.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
FrankM
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by FrankM »

Thanks guys. I have a little egg on my face. The UVI soundbank was included in my PL install - 1.5GB right there. The UVI "Workstation" instrument also was installed - just not in the MOTU folder! It's there with my other 3rd-party VIs though.

And - I did find those downloads, not sure how I missed these at the bottom of the page - I'm getting senile I guess:

MOTU included sounds.jpg
MOTU included sounds.jpg (173.18 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
Big Fish was a 2.35GB download and the Lucid Samples were another 1.82GB. The Loopmaster stuff was not quite as advertised - first there was this: "Click here to redeem 2 GB of Loopmasters titles at loopmasters.com." That took me to a page on the loopmasters website where I had a "special offer for MOTU users" for a trial period before a subscription plan starts - and nothing about 2GB of titles I could download, unless I missed something. I had to sign up for a plan just to get into the site, it seems.

[EDIT] -- Today is not my day, it seems! I clicked on "purchased" on my new Loopmasters account page and there's a bunch of stuff there, that I presume make up the 2GB of sounds MOTU says I can get. I haven't tried downloading any yet though. I wonder if those are mine to keep if I cancel my account.