Not able to get VST effect to show up in DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
midilance
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Not able to get VST effect to show up in DP

Post by midilance »

I have Arturia V Collection 9 plus Rev PLATE-140. I'm using all AUs except that Rev PLATE-140 is a VST3 and is activated but it doesn't show up in my list of effects in DP. I'm sure this is something I have missed info on. Can anyone assist me with this?
Mac Studio m2 Max // OS 14.3.1 // DP 11.3.1 // MotU Ultralite mk4 // Komplete Ultimate 14 // Arturia V Collection 9 // Korg Collection // Stylus RMX 1.8 // Omnisphere 2.6.2c // Scarbee Keys and Basses // T-Racks 5 // Amplitube 5 // BFD3 // Blue3 // PolyM //
zounds

Re: Not able to get VST effect to show up in DP

Post by zounds »

When you say activated, do you mean that the plug-in passes examination in the Settings/Audio Plug-ins window, but doesn't show up as an insert in tracks in the mix window? Does Melodyne's VST3 version, included with DP 11.22 show up?
HCMarkus

Re: Not able to get VST effect to show up in DP

Post by HCMarkus »

In Audio Plugins in DP Settings/Preferences, if you have AU set as primary, you may have to manually check the box next to any VST3 plugins you wish to use.

While you are at it, make sure to use the VST3 version of Arturia's Vocoder; the AU version doesn't support side chain, which is needed to properly work with any vocoder.
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31