I was able to reproduce disappearing Mixing Board level meters

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

I was able to reproduce disappearing Mixing Board level meters

Post by James Steele »

There’s been an issue off and on with level meters not showing any level in the Mixing Board when a track SHOULD be displaying activity. Tonight I found I could reproduce it. In the past I suspected it had something to do with switching between Window Sets. (That might not be the only way it happens).

Here’s how I can reproduce “disappearing meters” on my system:

1) Start on a Window Set that includes the Consolidated Window with the Mixing Board as one of its cells. Meters work as they should.

2) Switch to a Window Set that uses only separate windows (no CW). When I do this I have to invoke the window set a second time as the MB did not appear on my the monitor (I have 3 monitors) it should have the first time.

3) After invoking the “non-CW” Window Set a second time, the MB appears but level meters don’t work!

What’s interesting is that at this point… if I keep recalling Window Sets without a CW, the level meters will not return. If I switch back to my Window Set WITH a CW, I have level again!

HERE’S SOMETHING ELSE INTERESTING:

Just now, in an attempt to get the meters working again when MB was not in a CW cell, I closed the MB with Command+W, figuring I could just open it again with Shift+M and level meters would work again. DP crashed! Pretty sure that doesn't always happen, but did this time.

If anyone else can reproduce this, let me know. I also sent this info to MOTU. Would be great if they can get zap this little bugger.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: I was able to reproduce disappearing Mixing Board level meters

Post by bayswater »

If I can reproduce this, I’ll report it too.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8