SSL UF1 working in DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mrgkeys
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

SSL UF1 working in DP

Post by mrgkeys »

just a quick note to say I got a UF1 in today (not for DP) but decided to try it out on DP anyway, and after the initial setup for Luna, it works great and is recognized right away. The Meter plugin works great and is responsive. and you can setup a LOT of alternate commands under that soft keys. It may not be supported but it works like any other Mackie control. More later.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: SSL UF1 working in DP

Post by James Steele »

Good news. Might want to mention this on the other thread. Glad it’s working.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mrgkeys

Post by mrgkeys »

I did, thanks for pointing it out. It works enough for me to keep it. Zero programming in Luna, and that what I used as a base. The SSL 360 software lets you pick 3 DAWs and switch between them, plus it lets you either use the native MC HUI commands for that DAW or do custom keystrokes for all the alternate buttons above the transport AND 10 pages of 4 each of soft keys. Mines setup with a LUNA base to start with, that gives you Transport, Channel Fader and banking, plus meters, Scrub/Jog Wheel and Zoom in and Out and Left and Right. Then I have the alternate/shift buttons above the Trasport set to Prev and Next marker, Loop, Click, Close Window and RTZ. My first 4 soft keys give me Sends, Bundles, New marker, and Time Display/Beats. The next page of 4 are Solo/Clear, Track Groups/New Marker (again, you can double up) and Record Arm (on the selected Track), m3 3rd page is the Seq Editor, Track overview and Mixer, along with Slave to EXT sync. That's about as much as I use!the Chanel faders have Solo, Cut (Mute) Set and Flip along with a Master button. good old V pots for pan and sends. I'm happy to share my setup file if anyone wants it. Probably my Commands file as well, or roll your own and make your custom commands fit the labels. I've had so much trouble with Eucon crashing DP I had to do something, I guess it will stay with PT for now.

Its got no off switch? not liking that and an in general rant here.. everything comes with software these days that runs in the background.. I must a half a dozen things running, each taking like 3% of a core.. it adds up at some point. plus the memory usage. SSL 360, Eucon, UA Connect, Avid Link, etc.. it's a bit too much man..
Irimi Nage

Post by Irimi Nage »

You can prob quit UA Connect. Once in a while it might need to be opened, like when iLok gets fussy or if you are interested in UADx updates etc. Otherwise the plugins work fine without UA Connect running.
alansende

Post by alansende »

Hey that’s great to hear. The big question (at least for me) is if the fader follows the track you select/click with the mouse, even if you didn’t change the bank on the unit.
www.cromomusica.com - DP 11 - Macbook Pro M2 Max 96GB Ram 2TB - Focal Trio 6BE - Avalon 747 - Universal Audio - Audient ASP800 - TC Clarity M - NI Komplete Kontrol S61 MKII - Kemper Profiler - Fender Rhodes MKI 1977 - Moog Slim Phatty - Moog Subsequent 37 - Prophet Rev 2 - DSI Mono Evolver - Fender Am Std Tele - Fender Am Pro Strat - D'Angelico Deluxe Bedford P90 - Ibanez JSM10 - Fender P Bass - Fender Mustang Vintera - Beaudoux PA1 - Taylor GS Mini - Zaor, Mixingtable & Raventos Design
mrgkeys

Post by mrgkeys »

it does not. there may be a setting for that I haven't found though