Seeking feedback on Faders and knobs

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

ironchef_marc
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Seeking feedback on Faders and knobs

Post by ironchef_marc »

I've been using the Korg NanoKontrol2 for recording CC for years but starting to find the faders too small.

I found what looks like 2 good options. Just curious if anyone has use either of those and could provide some feedback.
The sparrow has full 100mm faders I quite like that. I like the modular capability of the EF44, but maybe a bit too small, faders are 60mm long.

https://intech.studio/shop/ef44
https://themidimaker.com/products/sparr ... MIDI-04963
New Rig |MAC Studio | OS12.6 | 64GB RAM | Storage | miniStack STX 18TB, (14TB HDD, 4TB SSD) | Crucial X8 4TB SSD |
Softwares | DP 11.22 | VEPRO7 | Audio Interface | M4 |
--
old rig | MAC Pro 2 X 2.26 GHz, 8-Core | 10.11.6 | 32 GB RAM | DP9.52 | 2408mk3 | MTP AV
ironchef_marc

Re: Seeking feedback on Faders and knobs

Post by ironchef_marc »

I ended up buying the Sparrow from theMidiMaker. I don't recommend it.

The shipping took more than a month. While I'm in Canada I buy stuff from the US regularly and it never takes that long.

Based on the pictures on their website I was expecting solidly made unit in metal like a stomp box. Instead you get a light plastic box that feels cheap. They also sent me the wrong cable. I tried to reach out but was getting no reply. I eventually did after a few weeks and they said they'd send a proper cable but they never did. I followed up and never heard back from them. Poor customer service.

Ironically, I had a review request sent to me before I even had received the unit. I gave it a 1 star but of course my review is nowhere to be found on their website.

A $200 waste.
New Rig |MAC Studio | OS12.6 | 64GB RAM | Storage | miniStack STX 18TB, (14TB HDD, 4TB SSD) | Crucial X8 4TB SSD |
--
old rig | MAC Pro 2 X 2.26 GHz, 8-Core | 10.11.6 | 32 GB RAM | DP9.52 | 2408mk3 | MTP AV
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Thanks for the update. They’re off my list. I’ve had a similar experience a few times, and so I always have a look at one of the two local large stores and talk to the people there before deciding on equipment I don’t know about.

The one month delivery time usually means they’re using USPS, and that’s a sign to stay away.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
ironchef_marc

Post by ironchef_marc »

Yeah I was hoping to hear from someone here before I bought it. There just isn't a whole lot of products like that so it was a toss between those 2 I had found. Should have gone with the other one.

When I saw that my review was removed from their website , I searched for that email asking me to review it. 3rd party (judge.me) and so others complaining about the same issues.

Oh well, happy to help others here avoid the mistake I did.
--
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

ironchef_marc wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:59 pm Yeah I was hoping to hear from someone here before I bought it. There just isn't a whole lot of products like that so it was a toss between those 2 I had found. Should have gone with the other one.

When I saw that my review was removed from their website , I searched for that email asking me to review it. 3rd party (judge.me) and so others complaining about the same issues.

Oh well, happy to help others here avoid the mistake I did.
Lemme get back to you, a particular DP person I know loves this one modular company that does CC sliders that looks just like those but are sturdy etc.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

Sorry for taking forever, but these are highly recommended. https://monogramcc.com/

might have some Black Friday sale happening you never know?
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.