"Legacy System Extension" Alert?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
fusion58
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

"Legacy System Extension" Alert?

Post by fusion58 »

Ever since I updated my M2 Pro Mac to Ventura 13.4.1, this alert happens every time I boot my machine up:

An idea what this might be about?
Mac Mini M2 Pro / OS Ventura 13.4.1 / DP 11.22
mikehalloran

Re: "Legacy System Extension" Alert?

Post by mikehalloran »

It’s a MacOS info message and that’s all. It should have showed up only once. Did you not click OK?

Apple depreciated the 13.4.1 security update a few days after they released it. Update to MaOS 13.5. It should show up again. Click OK and you shouldn’t see it again.

All it means is that there may be a future MacOS where that extension may no longer work. DP isn’t the only app that has caused that to pop up on my system.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
fusion58

Post by fusion58 »

mikehalloran wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:27 am It’s a MacOS info message and that’s all. It should have showed up only once. Did you not click OK?

Apple depreciated the 13.4.1 security update a few days after they released it. Update to MaOS 13.5. It should show up again. Click OK and you shouldn’t see it again.

All it means is that there may be a future MacOS where that extension may no longer work. DP isn’t the only app that has caused that to pop up on my system.
Thanks for the info. I did click "OK" the first time the alert appeared, but it still appears every time I start my Mac.

Will try 13.5 update and see if that resolves the issue.
Mac Mini M2 Pro / OS Ventura 13.4.1 / DP 11.22
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

It can also happen with UAD-2 software. Nothing really to be concerned about. It’s basically an early warning by Apple that the developers will eventually need to update it.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!