Change the default labeling of my system?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rosindabow
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Change the default labeling of my system?

Post by rosindabow »

Hello, I recently added an Apogee Symphony so now my default labels come up as "Symphony I/O Thunderbolt 1-2" etc ... These are ridiculously long names for my tracks. I know how to change them working within Bundles. Is there a way to change the default naming? Every time I start a new file it comes up like this.

Another thing, All my notes in list view now include "Ch: 1" so a note comes up as: "F3 Ch:1" etc .... I do not want to see CH:1 and I have turned every option off that are listed above the event list. It doesn't go away. How do I get that to disappear?

And last thing , are any of the views inside DP11 scalable?

Thanks!
DP 11.22, Mac Pro 14,8 macOS X 13.5, 128 GB RAM, Apogee Symphony I/O, Apollo x8p, UAD plug-ins, PSP, Waves Mercury, NI Komplete Ultimate 14, Spectrasonics, Hollywood Orchestra, Spitfire; Symphobia, Los Angeles Scoring Strings, True Strike, VSL, real violins, guitars, mandolins, pianos, drums, percussion & lots of other stuff...
bayswater

Re: Change the default labeling of my system?

Post by bayswater »

Bundles are there to customize the names. If you want them to appear in a new project, you might want to create simple template and set up your preferences to use it when you start a new project. You can also export and import bundles.

On scaling not sure what you want to do, but DP does have a scaling command in the View menus.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

Thanks! The scaling worked, very helpful. I guess there is no shortcut, I have to set up some templates. I just wish it wouldn't;t take the entire name ...
DP 11.22, Mac Pro 14,8 macOS X 13.5, 128 GB RAM, Apogee Symphony I/O, Apollo x8p, UAD plug-ins, PSP, Waves Mercury, NI Komplete Ultimate 14, Spectrasonics, Hollywood Orchestra, Spitfire; Symphobia, Los Angeles Scoring Strings, True Strike, VSL, real violins, guitars, mandolins, pianos, drums, percussion & lots of other stuff...
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Can't these names be edited in Audio MIDI Setup?
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
rosindabow

Post by rosindabow »

Doesn't seem to be possible there
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

rosindabow wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:54 pm Thanks! The scaling worked, very helpful. I guess there is no shortcut, I have to set up some templates. I just wish it wouldn't;t take the entire name ...
The template can be very simple. Just one track (presumably every project you do will have at least one track) and the Bundles will do it.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8