Warning RE: UADx Update 8/8/23

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
terencepalmer
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Warning RE: UADx Update 8/8/23

Post by terencepalmer »

James Steele wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:36 pmI found you need to launch and quit DP twice to fully scan new plug-ins
I had tried the Spark trial around this time last year. I barely got it to launch without crashing, and UAD support never responded to me. I apparently forgot that happened and bought the Studer A800 when it was on sale, and after a little trouble that seems to work ok. Then I bought a bundle and none of that ever works. I spent a week, I was going to say "launching and quitting" DP off to the side while i was working (non-music), but it was actually launching DP and it crashing. It might have not crashed one out of twenty or thirty times, but quitting and relaunching would crash and then it would continue to crash. It was mostly whichever one I had just installed, but also trying to install the new ones started causing the previously stable Studer A800 to crash as well. I gave up and got the Studer to be stable again. I'm yet to have any crashes since installing the updates, after those weird semi-crashes.