Plug-in Updates Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Console 1 Channel and Fader Software updated

Post by James Steele »

Console 1 Channel and Fader Software updated

Update out today from 2.5.79 to 2.5.80
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Rick Cornish

Eventide Updates

Post by Rick Cornish »

Got a note from Eventide stating they've released maintenance updates for all their plugins.

Just log into your account and download the installers you need.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/login/
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Eventide Updates

Post by James Steele »

Rick Cornish wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:04 pm Got a note from Eventide stating they've released maintenance updates for all their plugins.

Nice. I ended up buying their complete bundle... I forget what it's called. I'm out of town, but looks like fun time when I get home! :) I'm on Sonoma, so I like seeing maintenance updates!

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

James Steele wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:39 pm
Rick Cornish wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:04 pm Got a note from Eventide stating they've released maintenance updates for all their plugins.

Nice. I ended up buying their complete bundle... I forget what it's called. I'm out of town, but looks like fun time when I get home! :) I'm on Sonoma, so I like seeing maintenance updates!
Their servers must be getting hit pretty good today… very slow at the moment.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
bayswater

Re: DSP-Q

Post by bayswater »

Not a plugin, but it has been updated from 5.9 to 5.92. No release notes and no changes to the manual.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

James Steele wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:39 pm

Anthology XII is the bundle, now updated to v. 1.1.11.

The email is incorrect telling us to log in first — that's never been required for Eventide upgrade downloads. Anthology XII updates are found here:
https://www.eventideaudio.com/downloads ... hology+XII
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:33 pm The email is incorrect telling us to log in first — that's never been required for Eventide upgrade downloads. Anthology XII updates are found here:
https://www.eventideaudio.com/downloads ... hology+XII
I assume they ask you to log in so you get to the page that shows your licences so you can go directly to the updates and release notes for what you have. Seems most of the updates were to fix an obscure bug with Garageband. You have to admire their attention to detail.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Here are the Release Notes for the new Anthology bundle:
Release Notes:
Updated the Blackhole NKS build to VST3
Added single-click A/B comparison to Physion Mk II and SplitEQ
Updated the Octavox, Quadravox, Tverb, and UltraReverb User Guides
Fixed a bug where the plug-ins would fail to open in GarageBand on macOS Monterey 12+, when run on Intel architecture or through Rosetta
Fixed a bug in Physion Mk II where Output Gain would be incorrectly applied to the dry signal when Bypassed
Fixed a bug in Physion Mk II where several presets were missing from the Preset Menu
Fixed incorrect 10 microsecond label in Precision Time Align

James Steele
Site Administrator

XLN Addictive Drums 2 updated from 2.3.6 to 2.3.7

Post by James Steele »

XLN Addictive Drums 2 updated from 2.3.6 to 2.3.7

Run the XLN Online Installer to update

James Steele
Site Administrator

Several Softube plugs including Console 1 updated

Post by James Steele »

Several Softube plugs including Console 1 updated

Console 1 and pretty much all the ones I owned were updated to 2.5.81 recently. Use Softube Central to update.

Rick Cornish

iLok Warning—Don’t upgrade to Sonoma 14.4 yet

Post by Rick Cornish »

Got this in an email from LiquidSonics this morning:

“Sonoma 14.4 Compatibility Advisory Note

“Multiple reports are beginning to come in from clients about a compatibility issue with yesterday's release of macOS 14.4 Sonoma on Apple Silicon Macs so caution is advised before upgrading to this point release.

“DAWs affected appear only to be those relying on Apple's auvaltool, so if you use Audio Units on an Apple Silicon Mac please consider deferring your update until more is known.

“When the problem presents it affects multiple plug-ins protected by Pace / iLok on the same system, but not all systems are affected. None of those tested by LiquidSonics on Intel or Apple Silicon Macs have exhibited the fault with the beta or release builds of macOS 14.4 so it is not a universal issue, but it is sufficiently widespread to justify issuing an advisory note.

“Contact has been made with Pace to initiate a full investigation with supporting crash log data and more information will be communicated at a future date when there is more clarity regarding a resolution.“
Rick Cornish

James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: iLok Warning—Don’t upgrade to Sonoma 14.4 yet

Post by James Steele »

Yep. I got that also. Fortunately for me I just checked and all my Liquid Sonics plugs wet working okay.

Rick Cornish

Re: Plug-in Updates Sticky Topic

Post by Rick Cornish »

James Steele wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:20 am Yep. I got that also. Fortunately for me I just checked and all my Liquid Sonics plugs wet working okay.
The way I read it, it's an issue with iLok and not just LiquidSonics.
Rick Cornish

James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: iLok Warning—Don’t upgrade to Sonoma 14.4 yet

Post by James Steele »

Rick Cornish wrote:
James Steele wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:20 am Yep. I got that also. Fortunately for me I just checked and all my Liquid Sonics plugs wet working okay.
The way I read it, it's an issue with iLok and not just LiquidSonics.
Either way I’ve dodged the bullet I guess.

toodamnhip

Re: Plug-in Updates Sticky Topic

Post by toodamnhip »

stubbsonic wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:04 am This is a great idea and helpful thread.

It also highlights how I have virtually no workflow or process for checking/updating plugins VI's. Some developers have managers, so I can run those periodically. For others, I can go to the retailer website like plugin boutique. But the more challenging ones will be the individual developer sites. I'll try to sign on to more of them for email notices.

I've procrastinated making a spreadsheet of all my VI's and plugins-- but that might help me track which ones I can retire, which ones to update, and which ones to vet.
I’ve made a very detailed spreadsheet. Sad to say, I rarely use it. It once in awhile it helps. Let me give you a hint. If you don’t update your spreadsheet religiously, to the point where you have 100% confidence in it, the whole spreadsheet will become a bit unreliable. There are times I don’t believe my own spreadsheet. That’s because in the past, there were times I didn’t keep it up-to-date. If you’re religious about your updates to your spreadsheet, you might find yourself able to rely on it.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc