Plug-in Updates Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Plug-in Updates Sticky Topic

Post by bayswater »

toodamnhip wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:06 pm If you’re religious about your updates to your spreadsheet, you might find yourself able to rely on it.
That means you have to update it right after you install the plugin. One of the interesting uses is when you look at it and notice a few plugins you don’t recognize, you’ve never used, and can delete.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
stubbsonic

Re: Plug-in Updates Sticky Topic

Post by stubbsonic »

toodamnhip wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:06 pm I’ve made a very detailed spreadsheet. Sad to say, I rarely use it. It once in awhile it helps. Let me give you a hint. If you don’t update your spreadsheet religiously, to the point where you have 100% confidence in it, the whole spreadsheet will become a bit unreliable. There are times I don’t believe my own spreadsheet. That’s because in the past, there were times I didn’t keep it up-to-date. If you’re religious about your updates to your spreadsheet, you might find yourself able to rely on it.
That's a likely scenario for me, too. I could invest some significant time and not really benefit proportionally. OTOH, as I've collected some plugins via insane sales or freebies, I'm sure I've lost track of some gems.

One process could be:

1. Use Pluginfo to generate the master list.
2. Make my own sub list of plugins that I have NO idea what they do.
3. Go find info on internet/youtube.
4. Purge the dumb, test the intriguing/useful.
5. Return to master list and make a new sub list of plugs that I know what they do
but not necessarily how or how well.
6. Purge the $#!+ ones. Append "!!" to the good ones on the master list.

In this case the process, rather than the list, would be the focus.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Rick Cornish

SoundForge XLD transcoding tool updated

Post by Rick Cornish »

For those who use the free SoundForge XLD transcoding tool (indispensable, IMHO), there is an update available. Download it here.

***And beware of third party XLD download sites (I’ve come across a number of them) that offer old, outdated versions. I only download from SoundForge.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
James Steele
Site Administrator

Plugin Alliance NEOLD U2A updated

Post by James Steele »

Plugin Alliance NEOLD U2A updated

Ugh... Plugin Alliance is still clear as mud about updates. Again, I painstakingly went to my account page and scrolled down the list of my owned plugs in my web browser while comparing version numbers in Plug Info. Maybe when they get fully absorbed by NI, their plugs will be rolled into Native Access and we can get better notification of updates?

Anyway... I can only check on what I own, but FWIW it appears NEOLD U2A was update from 1.0 to 1.1.0. At least the VST3 and AAX versions indicate that. The AU version number does not increment up in PlugInfo, remaining as 1.0, but it does retrigger an AU validation scan when DP is launched, so it appears it has been updated also. Oddly, I can't find any place in the actual plugin GUI were I can find a version number. Alas. Anyway, you can use PA Installation Manager to update.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Pulsar Smasher updated to 1.3.10

Post by James Steele »

Pulsar Smasher updated to 1.3.10

https://pulsar.audio/download/

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

PSP Master Q2 updated to 2.1.5

Post by James Steele »

PSP Master Q2 updated to 2.1.5

I know the change log quoted below shows a date of 1/2/24, however in user area it says release date was 3/12/24

https://pspaudioware.net
----------------------
PSP MasterQ2 Version History
----------------------
**** 2.1.5 ****
BUGFIXES:
- ProTools (AAX): loading a session does not restore the correct filter settings
- AudioUnit: LED meter not shows value - fixed
- AudioUnit: resizing problem - fixed
- Cubase 13: plugin opens in the full-screen window - fixed
NO LONGER SUPPORTED:
- macOS 10.13 and earlier versions

James Steele
Site Administrator

DSP Quattro updated to 5.9.3

Post by James Steele »

Wow... I missed a couple of these updates. Looks like some nice enhancements as far as support for Sonoma resulting in better performance.

https://www.dsp-quattro.com/dspquattro/Site/
Version 5.9.3: 24.03.15:
⁃ minor bugs have been fixed.
Version 5.9.2: 24.03.01:
⁃ Zooming on waveform has been revisited, now it is very much more precise, fluid, and fully compatible with trackpads.
⁃ Fixed a compatibility problem when hosting versions 10 or newer of iZotope Ozone plug-in, now its Assistant view is fully operative.
⁃ The export of audio CD CD-Tracks as PDF has been revisited and corrected, now it works properly.
⁃ Several new improvements on the BatchProcessor, including the support of keyboard shortcuts.
⁃ Built with the very last Apple SDK under MacOS 14 Sonoma, the code is very much faster
⁃ Several other minor bugs have been fixed.

James Steele
Site Administrator

DDMF Plugin Doctor updated to 2.3.0

Post by James Steele »

DDMF Plugin Doctor updated to 2.3.0

Just caught this. I was still on 2.2.8. There was no 2.2.9
2024/03/15: v2.3.0 added selectable measurement time for dynamics ramp measurement
https://ddmf.eu/plugindoctor/

James Steele
Site Administrator

NI Komplete Kontrol updated to 3.0.2

Post by James Steele »

NI Komplete Kontrol updated to 3.0.2

I'm staying behind on 2.9.6 but just letting folks know who are on KK 3 about this.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Tone Projects Plugs Updated

Post by James Steele »

Tone Projects Plugs Updated

https://www.toneprojects.com/

Got a notification that Tone Projects updated all their plugins recently. The only one I owed was the Basslane which is FREE, but here is the changelog for Basslane just to give you some idea. I hadn't updated since 1.0.0 and it's now up to 1.0.3
----------
CHANGE LOG
----------

v.1.0.3 (March 2024)
- Plugin now shows notification when an update is available
- Minor fixes and improvements

v.1.0.2 (March 2023)
- MAC: Fixed dropdown menus not responding in Pro Tools 2023.3

v.1.0.1 (February 2023)
- AAX Native Apple Silicon support
- MacOS Ventura compatibility
- Minor fixes and improvements

v.1.0.0 (November 2022)
- Initial release

James Steele
Site Administrator

Sonible Updates

Post by James Steele »

Sonible Updates

https://www.sonible.com/download/

There are some updates over at Sonible. I'm just now updating my smartlimit plug from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5. Note the changelog:
fixed preset folder missing on macOS Sonoma
added AAX page tables file
I've bolded the missing preset folder bug. This bug is happening on all the focusrite "fast" series plugs, which from what I have heard were rebranded sonible plugs and this might support that. Unfortunately, focusrite has not yet released a fix for their versions that I'm aware of.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Sononym updated to version 1.5.4

Post by James Steele »

Sononym updated to version 1.5.4

https://www.sononym.net/blog/new-release-1.5.0/
Sononym 1.5.4 Release Notes
What’s new?
Here are the most important new features at a glance:

New audio server with “stream-from-disk”
Support for embedded metadata (artist, genre, etc.)
Ability to move, copy and rename files & folders
Advanced/Batch Renaming (imprint files with all kinds of data)
Customizable table layout (change column order, size)
Native Apple Silicon Support
Additional playback options
Bug fixes and stability improvements

cuttime

Kontakt 7.9.0

Post by cuttime »

Kontakt 7.9.0 is hunky dory here. If you note I've not updated MacOS. Usually about this time of year I update OSs but not this time. I didn't even update to Ventura 13.6.6.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
James Steele
Site Administrator

Vienna Synchron Player updated from v. 1.3.1137 to 1.3.1242

Post by James Steele »

Vienna Synchron Player updated from v. 1.3.1137 to 1.3.1242

Version 1.3.1242 - March 28th, 2024

Fixed
- Clicking User tab in MIDI Loop Player caused a GUI crash
- ADSR Curve: Can increase Sustain value above 0
- Muted Sound and red meters when restarting playback in the middle of a MIDI region in Logic
- Tiny and miscolored menus after moving player to a second monitor
- Return channel names were not properly updated after loading some presets

Improved

- Handling of Transpose spinboxes (?) in Edit view
synchronplayerupdate.jpg
synchronplayerupdate.jpg (47.27 KiB) Viewed 469 times

James Steele
Site Administrator

PSP BussPressor 1.1.2 updated to 1.1.3

Post by James Steele »

PSP BussPressor 1.1.2 updated to 1.1.3

https://www.pspaudioware.com/products/psp-busspressor
**** 1.1.3 ****
BUGFIXES:
- AudioUnit: resizing problem - fixed
- Cubase 13: plugin opens in the full-screen window - fixed
NO LONGER SUPPORTED:
- macOS 10.13 and earlier versions