am i blind or stupid ?? need android app but where ??

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
aghud
Primary DAW OS: Windows

am i blind or stupid ?? need android app but where ??

Post by aghud »

hi guys
i am looking for the discovery app for android so i can do some aux mixes for the next session i cant find it anywhere
pls help
cheers
T
aghud

Re: am i blind or stupid ?? need android app but where ??

Post by aghud »

is this forum dead , or moved elswhere ??
would be nice to get an answer , i really dont want to buy an apple device just for this
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

No, it’s not dead. Somebody just doesn’t know the answer or hasn’t seen your post yet. Isn’t there a Google play store? Search there. Maybe the answer is on the motu.com site?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I saw your question, but I didn't understand it.

Is there an app called "Discovery" that is not "Discovery+" (the streaming service)? What does the app do? Is it a DAW? Do you happen to know the developer name?

If it's not in the Google Play store, did you try the Amazon App Store? It could just be discontinued, so you might only be able to find it by searching for a direct APK download of the last known version.

If by "aux mixes" you mean remixing within a DAW, not sure why you would want to do that on an android device (or iOS device for that matter). There are a few good DAWs for cheap or free on either Mac or Windows.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

stubbsonic wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:32 pm I saw your question, but I didn't understand it.

Is there an app called "Discovery"
There is and Google knows where it is.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

bayswater wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:36 pm
stubbsonic wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:32 pm I saw your question, but I didn't understand it.

Are you sure? I justI searched MOTU's site and I can't find any reference to an Android version of the app and it doesn't come up in a search in Google Play so maybe it doesn't exist?

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
aghud

Post by aghud »

James Steele wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:26 pm No, it’s not dead. Somebody just doesn’t know the answer or hasn’t seen your post yet. Isn’t there a Google play store? Search there. Maybe the answer is on the motu.com site?
thanks
i did both
on the site i cant find anything android
on here looks like i am not the only one with this problem
thanks anyway
T
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:38 pm
bayswater wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:36 pm

Are you sure? I justI searched MOTU's site and I can't find any reference to an Android version of the app and it doesn't come up in a search in Google Play so maybe it doesn't exist?
While MOTU doesn’t reference it, there are comments in other places about the Android version.
Even so, my understanding is that it is originally a web app that works with most browsers. I remember them saying all you need is an IP connection to device with a browser.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
CharlzS

Post by CharlzS »

With USB or TB, you can access AVB units via your computers IP address at port 1280 - i.e. type 192.168.1.100:1280 into the browser address bar in your Android browser. If it's hooked up via ethernet you can use the Net ID button to see the address and just type that address. If hooked up to a computer, call up Pro Audio Control and it will show you in the address bar of the computer browser.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

bayswater wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:25 pm Even so, my understanding is that it is originally a web app that works with most browsers. I remember them saying all you need is an IP connection to device with a browser.
Yeah, but what's weird is I tried accessing the AVB Mixer in my 828es using a web browser on my iPad and I couldn't. I was trying all sort of things and the only way I was able to do it was the iOS MOTU AVB Discovery app. I posted ad nauseum regarding my struggles until I was able to download the iOS app:

https://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73286

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

aghud wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:07 pm
James Steele wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:26 pm No, it’s not dead. Somebody just doesn’t know the answer or hasn’t seen your post yet. Isn’t there a Google play store? Search there. Maybe the answer is on the motu.com site?
thanks
i did both
thanks anyway
T
Understood... and I followed up after this post saying I googled for it, too, and was unable to find one.

aghud

Post by aghud »

James Steele wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:01 pm
aghud wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:07 pm
thanks
i did both
thanks anyway
T
Understood... and I followed up after this post saying I googled for it, too, and was unable to find one.
...............So is the software for android use or not ?? i wish there was more clarity on this , as it might just turn sales in another direction if it was an apple only slave... grrrrrrrrrr this is annoying...
i refuse to buy an apple product only for this...
aghud

Post by aghud »

not only that but i have 4 android devices (for aux mix for the artist to set up him/herself ) ...only one was able to conect through the "IP" adress the others have the warning "this site cant be reached ??? What the heck? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
CharlzS

Post by CharlzS »

aghud wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:15 am not only that but i have 4 android devices (for aux mix for the artist to set up him/herself ) ...only one was able to conect through the "IP" adress the others have the warning "this site cant be reached ??? What the heck? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Try suspending your firewall and see if the others connect. If they do, you need to open up port 1280 both in and out on your computer firewall to all addresses on your local network. I tested multiple connections and I have the computer, my telephone (android), another android tablet and an iPad (not using discovery) all connected at the same time. There is no Android discovery app.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
aghud

Post by aghud »

cheers . will try this .. keep you posted
but no firewall on satellite devices for aux mixing just old tabs and phones used for this purpose f an when i get up and going .. the session today ran smooth with two devices , the rest i gave the artists a cue mix from my side