Ultralite Mk4 power supply voltage

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
whale-av
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Ultralite Mk4 power supply voltage

Post by whale-av »

There is a conflict of information about power supply voltages in the Ultralite Mk4 User Guide.

In the user guide on page 2 (safety information) ..... 10 - 24V DC • 1.0A max
In the user guide on page 82........ 12-18V DC, 10 watts

I would like to use it with a 19V supply (touring with multiple Motu's and spares, it is useful to use the same power supplies for laptops and interfaces).

I will open it up when I receive it to see what type of internal voltage regulation circuitry is used (switch-mode re-generation or voltage sink)....... but in the meantime has anyone tried with more than 18V? and if so was it happy? or did it get hot? or did it die?

David.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Ultralite Mk4 power supply voltage

Post by mikehalloran »

Conflicting information in MOTU manuals is not unusual. Large sections are copied and pasted from older manuals. Sometimes, these errors are corrected; often they are not.

The back of the unit says 15V DC Tip +
https://motu.com/de/news/introducing-t ... alite-mk4/

You will need to contact MOTU to see which is more correct and if it makes a difference.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro